XP won't print 600 dpi to Brother MFC-9600

Recently upgraded to new XP CPU and now when I print from
Word, Adobe Acrobat, Quickbooks, etc, I can only choose
the 300 dpi option in printing prefs. Does anyone know
how to get around this problem? The printer always
printed 600 dpi w/out problems under Win98.
1 answer Last reply
More about print brother 9600

    "Joe" <javajoe@amaonline.com> wrote in message
    > Recently upgraded to new XP CPU and now when I print from
    > Word, Adobe Acrobat, Quickbooks, etc, I can only choose
    > the 300 dpi option in printing prefs. Does anyone know
    > how to get around this problem? The printer always
    > printed 600 dpi w/out problems under Win98.

    Many of the printer manufacturers did not provide drivers with full
    features to be incorporated in the Windows XP installation CD.
    Check with Brother for the availability of updated drivers. It is
    their responsibility and not Microsoft's.

    --
    Earl F. Parrish

DPI Windows XP