multiplier on K7S5A

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
you have to download and flash the bios with the overclockers bios...
you can get it at <A HREF="http://www.ocworkbench.com" target="_new">this site</A>
it will allow some overclocking...
:smile:
otherwise, you have to run at stock speeds.

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
ummmmm.......yeah, with an overclockers bios...
but you also have to unlock the cpu....but it can be done!

-DAvid

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Care to make a wager? Say $100.00 bucks? Re-read his post. Doesn't ask if you can "overclock" with the K7S5A, he specifically asks if you can change the multiplier on the board, Which, even with the bios you CANNOT do, only up the FSB.

It's not what they tell you, its what they don't tell you!

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
alright, well, i will not make a wager on this, because, well, i dont have any experience with the overclockers bios. i have not tried it, or seen what it can do. i was assuming that you would be able to.
also, even with an unlocked cpu you cannot up the fsb?
also, TECHNICALLY, you COULD change the multiplier for any board, by changing the way the bridges are set on the cpu...right?
so TECHNICALLY, you COULD...but that is much harder than just changing the bios.
also, did you use the overclockers bios, or read about it...if you read about it...could i have a link..i would like to learn some more about this bios, so in case i decide to use it one day or something.
anyways...sorry about that...must have posted that when i was falling asleep..because when i am doing that, i just barely read the posts, and sometimes i can post useless crap that doesnt really make sense...like right now, i am all tired.....so i think i am going to go to sleep...but i will continue to post when i get back up......
eh...sleep good....no sleep bad.

-DAvid

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well he asked if you could change the multiplier on the board. If you modded the chip you wouldn't be using the board to change the multiplier. I have built three systems on this board, and yes I have used the oc bios and no first hand. the bios can be found at ocworkbench.com.

It's not what they tell you, its what they don't tell you!