USB virtual printer port

October 9, 2004 1:37:57 AM

My Acer 8006LMi laptop doesn't have parallel or serial
ports so am using Targus USB port replicator which
provides both. My Canon BJC-50 bubble jet will not work
when connected to its parallel port though - no error
message - just hangs. Device manager shows replicator
installed ok with USB printer support available, & serial
connection works fine. I have selected the only USB port
(USB002) on printer set-up. If I disable bi-directional
printing (as suggested) I get error light on printer.

The printer works fine when connected via IR.
Unfortunately I need parallel cable connection though to
use it in scanner mode (with optional scanner head) as
Canon advise no IR support in this mode.

Has anyone had similar problems? Any solutions?
Anonymous
October 9, 2004 4:26:52 PM

Canon does not support the USB to Parallel conversion for many printers.
You might find a cable that works but I'd call you lucky, if you find one
that allows scanning function you are very lucky. Maybe someone has
figured this out and can give you additional information.
--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

!