Presario 1800T BIOS

DEJ57 Wrote:
> Ah, something for me to still comment about.....here's my "infoo"...
>
> You didn't ask, but I have some advice for you. Don't do a BIOS flash
> of any
> type unless you have an over whelming need for a fix that the BIOS
> update
> states it fixes.
> If the BIOS update flash fails, it may leave your unit unable to boot
> and
> useless. Sounds like you are lucky that didn't happen.
>
> Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to All
>
> Dale

Thanks Dale, appreciate your thoughts. I've never had a failure while
updating any BIOS but am well aware of the consequenses.
My reason for the update is to add support for Windows XP.

Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year.

--
joemsosa

I've done many, and never had a failure, either, but even with that being a
fact, its not a reason to attempt an unnecessary flash. Sounds like you have a
good reason--just hoped that you did, and offer why I hoped that. We've had
numerous posts on this NG where flashes have failed and the poster had what
appeared to be no real reason to be attempting the flash, and lost use of his
unit.

Dale