Document permanently stuck on printer queue

I have a document permanently stuck on the printer queue
in status 'deleting - printing'.

It completed printing all but the first page and then
froze.

No matter what I try - cancelling, changing status, re-
booting the PC even deleting the printer - the status
remains the same and I cannot get any other document to
print anymore.

I use Windows XP and an HP psc 2410 photosmart all-in-one
without any problems to date.

I trust there is a way to 'force clear' the print queue ?

Can anyone advise me how to solve this problem ?
2 answers Last reply
More about document permanently stuck printer queue

    See the instructions at Bruce Sanderson's website about cleanspl
    www.coribright.com

    "Koen Van den Brande" <kandlvdb@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >I have a document permanently stuck on the printer queue
    > in status 'deleting - printing'.
    >
    > It completed printing all but the first page and then
    > froze.
    >
    > No matter what I try - cancelling, changing status, re-
    > booting the PC even deleting the printer - the status
    > remains the same and I cannot get any other document to
    > print anymore.
    >
    > I use Windows XP and an HP psc 2410 photosmart all-in-one
    > without any problems to date.
    >
    > I trust there is a way to 'force clear' the print queue ?
    >
    > Can anyone advise me how to solve this problem ?

    Open Command Prompt
    type:
    net stop spooler <enter>
    then type

    net start spooler <enter>

    Fixed mine, which was having the same problem.

    "Cari (MS MVP)" wrote:

    > See the instructions at Bruce Sanderson's website about cleanspl
    > www.coribright.com
    >

    > "Koen Van den Brande" <kandlvdb@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >I have a document permanently stuck on the printer queue
    > > in status 'deleting - printing'.
    > >
    > > It completed printing all but the first page and then
    > > froze.
    > >
    > > No matter what I try - cancelling, changing status, re-
    > > booting the PC even deleting the printer - the status
    > > remains the same and I cannot get any other document to
    > > print anymore.
    > >
    > > I use Windows XP and an HP psc 2410 photosmart all-in-one
    > > without any problems to date.
    > >
    > > I trust there is a way to 'force clear' the print queue ?
    > >
    > > Can anyone advise me how to solve this problem ?

Document Printers Windows XP