hp psc 2110 printer problem

ok i have tried for about 1 week trying to install this printer and it wont
work i DL the drivers from hp.com and it says that it installs but it wont
open printer so it rstarts auto and then it says it found a printer while
installing the stuff all of a sudden it stops and says the data is invaild
and i dont know what else to do someone have any ideas?
6 answers Last reply
More about 2110 printer problem

    robert,
    sounds like you have been bitten by hp, first verify that
    you have a good software (maybe a cd?). I know it's taken
    me 2 months to get my 4110 all in one working with xp
    pro. This is what i did to get mine to work (and it's
    still working..fingers crossed). Unplug printer from the
    computer, turn off the printer and remove power from it,
    this clears the buffer inside the printer, reapply power.
    Download the scrubber utility from hp. and install and run
    it. the original uninstall leaves remnants behind, which
    could cause problems reloading the software. next reboot
    the machine and verify that the printer/scanner is not
    available in device manager or anywhere else. if so,
    run the scrubber again. next install the software, when
    the software asks you to plug in the device, turn it on,
    and plug it in. Let windows discover it and install the
    devices needed, at this point it gets kinda squirly with
    the different screens popping up between windows and the
    hp install software, but you should see in your taskbar
    that the hardware is ready for use, next verify in your
    services under 'control panel/admin tools/services' that
    the WIA service is set to auto. Everything should be set
    up. When you reboot after set up, double click on my
    computer and verify that you can see your drives. If you
    get a flashlight (like's trying to find them), then I
    recommend that you turn off the printer prior to turning
    off the computer, and turning the printer back on after
    the computer is started and logged on. The HP director
    software and the WIA service butt heads and the scanner
    usually cannot be detected. Good luck to you!!!
    rob

    Rob,
    yea didnt work it doesnt want to read it well it says its installing it and
    then when it gets to the usb part of the installing it says data is invaild i
    really need some help

    "rob@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote:

    > robert,
    > sounds like you have been bitten by hp, first verify that
    > you have a good software (maybe a cd?). I know it's taken
    > me 2 months to get my 4110 all in one working with xp
    > pro. This is what i did to get mine to work (and it's
    > still working..fingers crossed). Unplug printer from the
    > computer, turn off the printer and remove power from it,
    > this clears the buffer inside the printer, reapply power.
    > Download the scrubber utility from hp. and install and run
    > it. the original uninstall leaves remnants behind, which
    > could cause problems reloading the software. next reboot
    > the machine and verify that the printer/scanner is not
    > available in device manager or anywhere else. if so,
    > run the scrubber again. next install the software, when
    > the software asks you to plug in the device, turn it on,
    > and plug it in. Let windows discover it and install the
    > devices needed, at this point it gets kinda squirly with
    > the different screens popping up between windows and the
    > hp install software, but you should see in your taskbar
    > that the hardware is ready for use, next verify in your
    > services under 'control panel/admin tools/services' that
    > the WIA service is set to auto. Everything should be set
    > up. When you reboot after set up, double click on my
    > computer and verify that you can see your drives. If you
    > get a flashlight (like's trying to find them), then I
    > recommend that you turn off the printer prior to turning
    > off the computer, and turning the printer back on after
    > the computer is started and logged on. The HP director
    > software and the WIA service butt heads and the scanner
    > usually cannot be detected. Good luck to you!!!
    > rob

    robert,
    this is what comes to mind,
    1. There is possibly a problem with the software
    downloaded from hp, you can try and order a cd from them
    or if you haven't already done so, try downloading another
    copy.
    2. There is a possibly a problem with the usb port that
    the printer is hooked up to, maybe see if another device
    works properly on that hub, or try another hub?
    3. Verify that the drivers for your usb ports show no
    conflicts in device manager.
    4. Just got a reply from another hp owner, his usb cable
    was bad, can you try another cable?
    5. Did the printer work before? If so, why are you
    reloading again? (upgrade from windows98, me?, computer
    crashed?)
    6. Possibly a problem with windows and the usb drivers
    portion of install. Can you possibly verify that the
    printer works on another machine, with the software that
    you downloaded?
    7. There is an article at hp, on the usb chipset and
    solving problems with the 2110, does this article apply?

    Besides that I'm at my wit's end also, this sounds to be a
    new problem(imagine that!!). email hp and see if they can
    also support you. I'm telling you, this site needs a new
    newsgroup just for hp printers...LOL. If you do find out
    your solution to your problem, let everyone else know, by
    posting. Knowing is half the battle, and hp is poorly
    documented. I hope that it works out, i'll be looking for
    a reply to this and hopefully some answers will be with
    it, if you need some more help, just post.

    rob

    Robert

    Had similar trouble with a 2410. Surprisingly I installed software for a HP
    dn3700 laser printer. Then tried to reinstall the Hp software for the 2410 -
    worked fine didn't stop half way through. This worked (after a couple of
    goes) on a computer that didn't have a 3700 connected. Strange work around
    but the 2410 is working fine now.

    Mike

    "Robert H" wrote:

    > ok i have tried for about 1 week trying to install this printer and it wont
    > work i DL the drivers from hp.com and it says that it installs but it wont
    > open printer so it rstarts auto and then it says it found a printer while
    > installing the stuff all of a sudden it stops and says the data is invaild
    > and i dont know what else to do someone have any ideas?

    Rob,
    After spending close to three hours on a Sunday with two different HP techs,
    I'm also at my wits end. I've been trying to install a PSC 2355 with quite
    similar results as the 2110 problem.
    The first HP tech recommended a new CD, but his lan was down and asked that
    I call back in a few hours with a case #. When I did, the second tech wanted
    to exhaust all possible before shipping me a CD.
    In the end, he felt that my problem was with PlugnPlay. In Services, My
    Start/Stop/Resume/Pause options were grayed out. Not knowing too much about
    this and worn out from the telephone glued to my ear, I gave up on them.
    Their recommendation was to call MSN tech support...that's why I'm here at
    the newsgroup.

    What my install does is when the HP load asks for me to connect the printer
    and then Windows New Device comes on....windows won't detect the drivers on
    the cd. We tried downloading and installing from the desktop with the same
    results...except that HP detected my device...without it being plugged in!!

    I'll try clearing the buffer on the printer (unplugging, et al), but from
    what I'm reading here, the problem indeed seems to be HP.

    Wish I had a solution to offer.....
    Randger Wally

    "rob" wrote:

    > robert,
    > this is what comes to mind,
    > 1. There is possibly a problem with the software
    > downloaded from hp, you can try and order a cd from them
    > or if you haven't already done so, try downloading another
    > copy.
    > 2. There is a possibly a problem with the usb port that
    > the printer is hooked up to, maybe see if another device
    > works properly on that hub, or try another hub?
    > 3. Verify that the drivers for your usb ports show no
    > conflicts in device manager.
    > 4. Just got a reply from another hp owner, his usb cable
    > was bad, can you try another cable?
    > 5. Did the printer work before? If so, why are you
    > reloading again? (upgrade from windows98, me?, computer
    > crashed?)
    > 6. Possibly a problem with windows and the usb drivers
    > portion of install. Can you possibly verify that the
    > printer works on another machine, with the software that
    > you downloaded?
    > 7. There is an article at hp, on the usb chipset and
    > solving problems with the 2110, does this article apply?
    >
    > Besides that I'm at my wit's end also, this sounds to be a
    > new problem(imagine that!!). email hp and see if they can
    > also support you. I'm telling you, this site needs a new
    > newsgroup just for hp printers...LOL. If you do find out
    > your solution to your problem, let everyone else know, by
    > posting. Knowing is half the battle, and hp is poorly
    > documented. I hope that it works out, i'll be looking for
    > a reply to this and hopefully some answers will be with
    > it, if you need some more help, just post.
    >
    > rob

    In Device Manger you might check if there are any hidden devices related to
    this printer. If so, delete them and try to install again.
    --

    "Ranger Wally" <RangerWally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
    >> crashed?)
    >> 6. Possibly a problem with windows and the usb drivers
    >> portion of install. Can you possibly verify that the
    >> printer works on another machine, with the software that
    >> you downloaded?
    >> 7. There is an article at hp, on the usb chipset and
    >> solving problems with the 2110, does this article apply?
    >>
    >> Besides that I'm at my wit's end also, this sounds to be a
    >> new problem(imagine that!!). email hp and see if they can
    >> also support you. I'm telling you, this site needs a new
    >> newsgroup just for hp printers...LOL. If you do find out
    >> your solution to your problem, let everyone else know, by
    >> posting. Knowing is half the battle, and hp is poorly
    >> documented. I hope that it works out, i'll be looking for
    >> a reply to this and hopefully some answers will be with
    >> it, if you need some more help, just post.

Hewlett Packard Microsoft Printers Windows XP