Is Company of Heroes worth getting?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
July 16, 2012 7:46:28 PM

Hey guys,
I've been looking for a different game to enjoy for a bit since i overplayed diablo 3 and need a break lol. I as looking at COH since it was so highly rated and i enjoy WW2 games. I'm not big into RTS games, but I enjoy Starcraft 2. however i find SC2 to be almost too fast paced for me and was wondering if COH is slower or faster than SC2. Thx guys! and the game is only $5-$10. Also, should i get any expansion packs too?

More about : company heroes worth

Best solution

July 16, 2012 8:29:15 PM

SHIELDHEAD said:
Hey guys,
I've been looking for a different game to enjoy for a bit since i overplayed diablo 3 and need a break lol. I as looking at COH since it was so highly rated and i enjoy WW2 games. I'm not big into RTS games, but I enjoy Starcraft 2. however i find SC2 to be almost too fast paced for me and was wondering if COH is slower or faster than SC2. Thx guys! and the game is only $5-$10. Also, should i get any expansion packs too?

COH or Company Of Heroes is more than well worth getting, i still play it now and ive had it since its first release in 2004, the graphics are still superb, there if a massive modding community with some amazing mods out there here are 2 of which i play all the time...

http://www.moddb.com/mods/europe-at-war

http://www.easternfront.org/

If you get it then get the mods as well and look for me in the multi player lobby im PaddieMayne, and my games are always titled ALL WELCOME.
July 16, 2012 8:29:57 PM

OH and yes get all the expansion packs too.
m
l
Related resources
July 17, 2012 4:55:01 PM

I played this years ago and it was definitely fun. It's worth giving a try at that price. If you like WW2 games you might really enjoy this. Back then the graphics were top notch. It was a big game from what I remember, several GB to install. I had 3 disks and the patches were huge. Steam should have all this in one easy download.

I give it a thumbs up.
m
l
July 17, 2012 5:13:37 PM

Yeah steam is defo the way to go on this one, as it will make the install so much easier.
m
l
July 17, 2012 5:29:49 PM

just went on steam summer sale for $2.49, im sold lol. god answered my prayers haha
m
l
July 17, 2012 5:34:20 PM

Dont forget to get those 2 mods too as there excellent and really add massively to game play.
m
l
July 17, 2012 5:34:59 PM

$2.49 is worth at least trying. Geez it cost more in gas to drive to my local retailer and look at the shelves.

PS. Metro 2033 is worth a play too. Just watch the video. It's a single player FPS in post apocalyptic Moscow, Russia. It's $4.99 right now.
m
l
July 17, 2012 7:18:04 PM

Best answer selected by shieldhead.
m
l
!