  • Hewlett Packard
  • Windows XP
a b α HP
October 10, 2004 6:08:24 AM

I upgraded from win me to win xp pro and have an hp g55 that has
decided not to work with xp. the only time it will work is when i do
the following:

delete printer
uninstall lpt1
reboot
uninstall lpt1
search for new hardware

after that it will print until the next time i turn on the computer
then i have to go through the whole thing again.

has anyone else been through this, do you have any suggestions that
don't include a different printer or going back to win me?

thanks.

More about : g55 windows

October 10, 2004 10:15:34 AM

prk,
did you uninstall the printer and software prior to
upgrading? do you have the latest software from hp? if
not, check www.hp.com type in your model number and read
the setup and install section, plus the software and
drivers section. hp is picky about upgrading, also follow
the instructions exactly...one other tip, turn off machine
and remove power from to clear the buffer prior to
connecting. Good luck.

rob

Anonymous
a b α HP
October 10, 2004 4:44:03 PM

thanks but I followed the directions from hp.

again, i am running xp pro sp1 and have the hp officejet g55.

delete printer
uninstall software
reboot
uninstall lpt1 port
install printer software
computer finds g55 officejet
reboot
printer status "disconnect"

HELP!

Thanks.

"rob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<228e01c4aecb$39e91ff0$a301280a@phx.gbl>...
> prk,
> did you uninstall the printer and software prior to
> upgrading? do you have the latest software from hp? if
> not, check www.hp.com type in your model number and read
> the setup and install section, plus the software and
> drivers section. hp is picky about upgrading, also follow
> the instructions exactly...one other tip, turn off machine
> and remove power from to clear the buffer prior to
> connecting. Good luck.
>
> rob

a b α HP
October 10, 2004 8:44:46 PM

i finally figured it out, and you will never believe what the solution
was.
it was the cable, win xp didn't like the parellel cable and when i
changed it out to the usb all my problems were solved.
thanks for the help.

"rob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<228e01c4aecb$39e91ff0$a301280a@phx.gbl>...
> prk,
> did you uninstall the printer and software prior to
> upgrading? do you have the latest software from hp? if
> not, check www.hp.com type in your model number and read
> the setup and install section, plus the software and
> drivers section. hp is picky about upgrading, also follow
> the instructions exactly...one other tip, turn off machine
> and remove power from to clear the buffer prior to
> connecting. Good luck.
>
> rob

October 11, 2004 8:57:07 AM

I'm glad that you found out the problem, one question
though, did the driver version 3.10, support of the
parallel and usb ports not work? are you possibly running
3.0? here's the description of the new driver.

HP OfficeJet G Series Windows XP Web Package Driver
Version 3.10 Installation Instructions for both USB and
Parallel Ports:

There is one major new functionality of this driver as
listed below:

The Parallel Port is now supported in addition to USB.
This driver replaces previous versions of the HP OfficeJet
G Series drivers as defined below:
For Windows XP customers this driver replaces driver
Version 3.00."

Just trying to find out if there is a problem with the
3.10 for the G 55 model?
rob

!