Corrected reply address, SP2, Picture and Fax Viewer

I'm posting this question again because my first posting had an out of date
reply address.

I looked at this list because I'm also having a problem with SP2 and The
Picture and Fax Viewer. At first, I also thought it had been removed. I
later realized Picture and Fax Viewer is still there because the following
worked:

I right-clicked on a fax in the Fax Console and saved the fax as a .tif
file. I double clicked on the .tif file and Picture and Fax Viewer came up,
working just fine.

My problem is, how do I get Picture and Fax Viewer to come up when I double
click on a fax directly in the Fax Console?

There error message I'm getting is

"The fax document cannot be displayed because your operating system does
not have a default viewer for fax documents (.tif files)."

And yet,
I'm able to view .tif files using Picture and Fax Viewer just by double
clicking
on a .tif file.

Does anyone know how to get the Fax Console to recognize Picture and Fax
Viewer as the default?
1 answer Last reply
More about corrected reply address picture viewer

    SP2 is supposed to contain this fix:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=322011
    You Cannot Preview a Fax in the Fax Console

    These may apply:

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6dafb0a788256bc7005c3fa3/c06387f12de9fa2a88256cf60063c54d?OpenDocument
    Microsoft Fax Monitor does not function properly after installing Norton
    Internet Security
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/4a29389c214c78ea88256c75005f451a/713afacbd4135e0a88256c77007e526f?OpenDocument
    Error: "Rule Default Block Netspy Trojan Horse Matched" when you start the
    computer

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

    "Colin Keenan" <colin@nodragons.com> wrote in message
    > I'm posting this question again because my first posting had an out of
    > date reply address.
    >
    > I looked at this list because I'm also having a problem with SP2 and The
    > Picture and Fax Viewer. At first, I also thought it had been removed. I
    > later realized Picture and Fax Viewer is still there because the following
    > worked:
    >
    > I right-clicked on a fax in the Fax Console and saved the fax as a .tif
    > file. I double clicked on the .tif file and Picture and Fax Viewer came
    > up,
    > working just fine.
    >
    > My problem is, how do I get Picture and Fax Viewer to come up when I
    > double
    > click on a fax directly in the Fax Console?
    >
    > There error message I'm getting is
    >
    > "The fax document cannot be displayed because your operating system does
    > not have a default viewer for fax documents (.tif files)."
    >
    > And yet,
    > I'm able to view .tif files using Picture and Fax Viewer just by double
    > clicking
    > on a .tif file.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to get the Fax Console to recognize Picture and Fax
    > Viewer as the default?

Fax Consoles Microsoft Windows XP