Problem with Tom's Unclocking Method : Superglue

G

All,
I think I found what has been causing all my problems trying to overclock my Athlon XP 1900+ on my Asus A7V266-E motherboard. The original problem I experienced is that I could set the multiplier in BIOS, but the processor would stay at a 12x setting. I followed Tom's instructions, but the unlocking process did not work. I found that the superglue that I used was conductive! I glued to wires close to together (but not touching) on a piece of paper then I measured the resistance with my Fluke. I found that the resistance was like 10 mOhms or so. Ooops! I have managed to get the glue off of the surface of the processor, but I cannot get it out of the laserlocks. I can still use the processor (at 12x), but I can no longer overclock. My goal right now is to simply return the processor to its original state, but I need to know how to get that glue out. I bought some glue remover at the store, but I'm very hesitant to use it. Anyone got an idea? Also, Tom may want to indicate that the user test the glue before using like I did. Many of the glues out there, including mine, say "non-conductive" on the cover, but are actually really really good conductors. I hope this helps someone else out there. If you can offer me any help, I would appreciate it. Thanks,

Ultivek

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Ultivek on 01/06/02 09:05 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

TRENDING THREADS