Screen Print

Help instructions to press ALT + PRINT SCREEN (or just
PRINT SCREEN) do not work with new Windows XP system and
Microsoft keyboard. And I REALLY need some screen prints
of contents of large files. Have no other problems with
HP Deskjet 882C printer. Can any kind soul point me to a
fix? Thanks.

Sher
8 answers Last reply
More about screen print

    Alt-PrtScn sends a copy of the screen image to the clipboard. You then open
    a graphic program (even Paint will do nicely) paste in that image and then
    print that image to the printer.
    www.coribright.com

    "Sher" <officegenie2000@yahool.com> wrote in message
    > Help instructions to press ALT + PRINT SCREEN (or just
    > PRINT SCREEN) do not work with new Windows XP system and
    > Microsoft keyboard. And I REALLY need some screen prints
    > of contents of large files. Have no other problems with
    > HP Deskjet 882C printer. Can any kind soul point me to a
    > fix? Thanks.
    >
    > Sher

    Cari - It's an uncommonly cumbersome and circuitous process. However, it
    works. Feel foolish that I wasn't able to find your solution to this
    often-asked question earlier and still not sure why "Help" (a misnomer of the
    first order) doesn't add the short hint you provided, but thank you.

    Sher

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Alt-PrtScn sends a copy of the screen image to the clipboard. You then open
    > a graphic program (even Paint will do nicely) paste in that image and then
    > print that image to the printer.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "Sher" <officegenie2000@yahool.com> wrote in message
    > > Help instructions to press ALT + PRINT SCREEN (or just
    > > PRINT SCREEN) do not work with new Windows XP system and
    > > Microsoft keyboard. And I REALLY need some screen prints
    > > of contents of large files. Have no other problems with
    > > HP Deskjet 882C printer. Can any kind soul point me to a
    > > fix? Thanks.
    > >
    > > Sher

    hey sher,
    check out this cool freeware program to do just what you need:
    http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/
    later
    scott

    "Sher" wrote:

    > Help instructions to press ALT + PRINT SCREEN (or just
    > PRINT SCREEN) do not work with new Windows XP system and
    > Microsoft keyboard. And I REALLY need some screen prints
    > of contents of large files. Have no other problems with
    > HP Deskjet 882C printer. Can any kind soul point me to a
    > fix? Thanks.
    >
    > Sher

    hey adam,

    "Sher" wrote:

    > Help instructions to press ALT + PRINT SCREEN (or just
    > PRINT SCREEN) do not work with new Windows XP system and
    > Microsoft keyboard. And I REALLY need some screen prints
    > of contents of large files. Have no other problems with
    > HP Deskjet 882C printer. Can any kind soul point me to a
    > fix? Thanks.
    >
    > Sher

    I figured out how to use the "print screen" function. Now...is it a file
    saved somewhere? And if so, how do I delete that file?

    "sj" wrote:

    > hey adam,
    > check out this cool freeware program to do just what you need:
    > http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/
    > later
    > scott
    >
    > "Sher" wrote:
    >
    > > Help instructions to press ALT + PRINT SCREEN (or just
    > > PRINT SCREEN) do not work with new Windows XP system and
    > > Microsoft keyboard. And I REALLY need some screen prints
    > > of contents of large files. Have no other problems with
    > > HP Deskjet 882C printer. Can any kind soul point me to a
    > > fix? Thanks.
    > >
    > > Sher

    The file is in your clipboard. Open a graphics program (even Paint will do)
    Paste the image in and then print it and/or Save it.
    --
    Cari
    (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

    "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I figured out how to use the "print screen" function. Now...is it a file
    > saved somewhere? And if so, how do I delete that file?
    >
    > "sj" wrote:
    >
    >> hey adam,
    >> check out this cool freeware program to do just what you need:
    >> http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/
    >> later
    >> scott
    >>
    >> "Sher" wrote:
    >>
    >> > Help instructions to press ALT + PRINT SCREEN (or just
    >> > PRINT SCREEN) do not work with new Windows XP system and
    >> > Microsoft keyboard. And I REALLY need some screen prints
    >> > of contents of large files. Have no other problems with
    >> > HP Deskjet 882C printer. Can any kind soul point me to a
    >> > fix? Thanks.
    >> >
    >> > Sher

    Forgive me, I know next to nothing. I realize that it is on the clipboard.
    How do I find the file on my hard drive to delete it?

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > The file is in your clipboard. Open a graphics program (even Paint will do)
    > Paste the image in and then print it and/or Save it.
    > --
    > Cari
    > (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
    >
    > "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I figured out how to use the "print screen" function. Now...is it a file
    > > saved somewhere? And if so, how do I delete that file?
    > >
    > > "sj" wrote:
    > >
    > >> hey adam,
    > >> check out this cool freeware program to do just what you need:
    > >> http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/
    > >> later
    > >> scott

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Anything in your clipboard is automatically lost when you reboot.
    --

    > Forgive me, I know next to nothing. I realize that it is on the
    > clipboard.
    > How do I find the file on my hard drive to delete it?
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> The file is in your clipboard. Open a graphics program (even Paint will
    >> do)
    >> Paste the image in and then print it and/or Save it.
    >> --
    >> Cari
    >> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
    >>
    >> "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I figured out how to use the "print screen" function. Now...is it a
    >> >file
    >> > saved somewhere? And if so, how do I delete that file?

Hewlett Packard Microsoft Windows XP