Printing after SP2

Have just loaded SP2 I have found that the printer no longer works and when i
look for it its gone. When I try to reinstall [or just plain install] i find
that i am greeted by the message "Printer spooler not in service" i have
tried both at the command prompt and through admin tools to get it to start
but find further error message "Could not start the printer spooler on local
computer, Error 1068. The dependency service or group failed to start". Any
suggestions please. Thanks. Ps I'm Richard. Thanks again
3 answers Last reply
More about printing

    Many people who download the XP Service Pack find their
    printers do not work.

    Microsoft know of the problem but have not made it simple
    for people to correct, and you will be frustrated by
    seeking an answer through Microsoft.

    You should do a Google search with "XP Service Pack" and
    the name of your printer. You will find a patch can be
    downloaded for almost every printer that has a problem
    with XP Service Pack.

    If like me, you are using a Canon MPC190, this is the way
    to fix the problem:

    1- Download this file from Canon:
    http://download.canon.com.au/mpc190patch/mp4x0tMPSxpsp2.EX
    2- Run the patch and reboot windows

    When Microsoft decides not to be so arrogant, they will
    fix such problems themselves!

    See Bruce Sanderson's article at:

    www.coribright.com

    "rharbord" <rharbord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Have just loaded SP2 I have found that the printer no longer works and
    > when i
    > look for it its gone. When I try to reinstall [or just plain install] i
    > find
    > that i am greeted by the message "Printer spooler not in service" i have
    > tried both at the command prompt and through admin tools to get it to
    > start
    > but find further error message "Could not start the printer spooler on
    > local
    > computer, Error 1068. The dependency service or group failed to start".
    > Any
    > suggestions please. Thanks. Ps I'm Richard. Thanks again

    I believe he is using a Lexmark.

    www.coribright.com

    "Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Many people who download the XP Service Pack find their
    > printers do not work.
    >
    > Microsoft know of the problem but have not made it simple
    > for people to correct, and you will be frustrated by
    > seeking an answer through Microsoft.
    >
    > You should do a Google search with "XP Service Pack" and
    > the name of your printer. You will find a patch can be
    > downloaded for almost every printer that has a problem
    > with XP Service Pack.
    >
    > If like me, you are using a Canon MPC190, this is the way
    > to fix the problem:
    >
    > 1- Download this file from Canon:
    > http://download.canon.com.au/mpc190patch/mp4x0tMPSxpsp2.EX
    > 2- Run the patch and reboot windows

    > When Microsoft decides not to be so arrogant, they will
    > fix such problems themselves!

Printers Windows XP