Which is the Best version for PC Gaming

ottozero

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
I will purchase Windows 7 64bit, but what I want to know is which version (premium, Pro, Ultimate...please dont say ultimate to expensive O_O)is the best for PC Gaming. I've listed the Games I own and play below, thanks for your help.

Warcraft 3 (Digital download)
WOW
Guild Wars
Command & Conquer TFD
Command & Conquer 3 w/expansion pack
Command & Conquer RA 3

(GOG)
Descent
Descent 2
Descent 3 w/expansion pack
Descent Freespace w/expansion pack
Descent Freespace 2
Septerra core
Fallout 1 &2 (future purchase)

(Steam)
Half life Anthology
Orange Box
Unreal Collection
id. Collection (doom, quake etc.)
Geometry Wars
Monkey island special
Call of Duty 1-4 (except 3) (future purchase)
Street Fighter 4 (future purchase)
Command & Conquer 4 (future purchase)
Lucas Arts Star war games (future purchase)

Thanks for any help possible. I would Like to purchase the Premium version Because its the cheapest ;-)
but If I have to get the other ones I will.

Oh and to any one reading this, don't purchase COD MW2 intill they fix the Dedi server issue (show your PC Gaming Support for the COD Community).

Solution
I can't speak from having tried them all, but AFAIK one is as good as the other for gaming. They would all have the same drivers, Readyboost, new hardware optimizations, etc. Only thing I can think of is that the extra features of the higher versions might have a few more processes and services running, using slightly more RAM (on the order of the just a few megabytes, though). So I'd say go with the cheaper Home Premium if you're mainly concerned with gaming.

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
I can't speak from having tried them all, but AFAIK one is as good as the other for gaming. They would all have the same drivers, Readyboost, new hardware optimizations, etc. Only thing I can think of is that the extra features of the higher versions might have a few more processes and services running, using slightly more RAM (on the order of the just a few megabytes, though). So I'd say go with the cheaper Home Premium if you're mainly concerned with gaming.

Solution