Sign in with
Your question

Cant view pbs video

Last response: in Mac Os X
December 26, 2011 4:48:39 PM

Has anyone found a way to watch PBS videos from iTunes? I'd like to watch on my iPad.

More about : view pbs video

December 26, 2011 5:08:15 PM

pbs uses flash video and apple decided to protest flash. no real reason to it. they could have put one guy on it 5 years ago and within a week it would have been compatible but they refused. flash isnt ideal for video but thats not a reason to refuse it to your customers.
December 26, 2011 5:14:36 PM

The app store(and Apples 30% profit on games that would otherwise be FREE on ebaumsworld or similar. And they could not control Flash content) IS the reason for no flash. I am not going to lie, flash on portable, does not always have the performance, but for video it should have been fine

From what i see, html5 does not save any power so far(at least not in the desktop environment).

There are some Apps that will covert the Flash video files, but they are not free.

What about this :)  An app to let you stream PBS to your ipad

http://www.pbs.org/services/mobile/ipad/
Related resources
December 27, 2011 12:45:10 AM

mathsharon said:
Has anyone found a way to watch PBS videos from iTunes? I'd like to watch on my iPad.
Use VLC which I use to watch PBS and it is free to download
December 27, 2011 1:06:18 AM

musical marv said:

I did not even know there was a VLC for ipad, guess that means you can watch ANYTHING now...
August 9, 2012 10:36:58 PM

musical marv said:

I just got a macbook pro and would like to watch PBS shows. I dont know what VLC is. Could you help me.
!