HELP....new video card problems

hi,

can some please, please help me.

i just installed a new video card (sapphire atlantis 128se) into my kids
pc. i uninstalled the nvdia drivers then shutdown the system,removed the
old card, put in the new card in. i turn the machine on and there is no
display, nothing, just a black screen. i even put the old card back in
and i still have a black screen.

the system is a compaq presario 5004us.

this really sticks, can some offer any advise.

im checking compaq web site also.

bob brozewicz

dos

make sure the card is fully seated...

"bob brozewicz" <brozewicz.rf@verizon.net> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> can some please, please help me.
>
> i just installed a new video card (sapphire atlantis 128se) into my kids
> pc. i uninstalled the nvdia drivers then shutdown the system,removed the
> old card, put in the new card in. i turn the machine on and there is no
> display, nothing, just a black screen. i even put the old card back in
> and i still have a black screen.
>
> the system is a compaq presario 5004us.
>
> this really sticks, can some offer any advise.
>
> im checking compaq web site also.
>
> bob brozewicz

doS,

if you where here next to me, id give you a big hug. that was the
problem, the card was not seat all the way in the slot.

for a little while i thought i was in deep dodo.

thank you so much, i am really greatful. i also feel like and ass.

once again thank you so much.

doS wrote:
> make sure the card is fully seated...
>
> "bob brozewicz" <brozewicz.rf@verizon.net> wrote in message
>
>>hi,
>>
>>can some please, please help me.
>>
>>i just installed a new video card (sapphire atlantis 128se) into my kids
>>pc. i uninstalled the nvdia drivers then shutdown the system,removed the
>>old card, put in the new card in. i turn the machine on and there is no
>>display, nothing, just a black screen. i even put the old card back in
>>and i still have a black screen.
>>
>>the system is a compaq presario 5004us.
>>
>>this really sticks, can some offer any advise.
>>
>>im checking compaq web site also.
>>
>>bob brozewicz

dos

Happens to me all the time, I put one a machine last week, didnt have it