Another printer that doesn't work after SP2

Mine is an HP 1170cse. Documents are sent to the printer memory, but won't
print until the computer is rebooted. HP seems to have dropped any support
for this printer although XP has drivers for it. This is a NOT a USB
printer. Any suggestions other than rolling back from SP2?

rwt

Resetting BIOS communications settings on my DELL 8100 as per instructions
at the HP site seems to have fixed this, although why SP2 broke a working
system is unknown.

rwt

(The free email support for the printer is gone but is you specify Officejet
1170cse--not just 1170cse--one can still find info on this all-in-one
[expensive] unit.