New printer message after SP2

Since installing SP2, every time I print a document,
there is an annoying message box that appears near the
system tray when I print. It says "This document was sent
to the printer", and some printer information.

Is there any way to get rid of this?

Thanks.
Jim
1 answer Last reply
More about printer message

    "Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<423301c4afa9$0d676430$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
    > Since installing SP2, every time I print a document,
    > there is an annoying message box that appears near the
    > system tray when I print. It says "This document was sent
    > to the printer", and some printer information.
    >
    > Is there any way to get rid of this?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Jim

    Jim,

    Goto 'Printers and Faxes'
    Without selecting a specific printer, click on 'File' menu.
    Select 'Server Properties'
    Select the 'Advanced' Tab

    Uncheck 'Show informational notifications for local printers' if
    printing to a locally connected printer,

    or

    Uncheck 'Show informational notifications for network printers' if
    printing to a network printer

    By unchecking either of these to options, you will turn off the
    annoying message box that appears every time you print something.

    Hope this helps,

    Dan

Document Microsoft Printers Windows XP