  • Printers
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
October 11, 2004 12:43:28 PM

Since installing SP2, every time I print a document,
there is an annoying message box that appears near the
system tray when I print. It says "This document was sent
to the printer", and some printer information.

Is there any way to get rid of this?

Thanks.
Jim

More about : printer message sp2

Anonymous
October 12, 2004 12:54:57 PM

"Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<423301c4afa9$0d676430$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
> Since installing SP2, every time I print a document,
> there is an annoying message box that appears near the
> system tray when I print. It says "This document was sent
> to the printer", and some printer information.
>
> Is there any way to get rid of this?
>
> Thanks.
> Jim

Jim,

Goto 'Printers and Faxes'
Without selecting a specific printer, click on 'File' menu.
Select 'Server Properties'
Select the 'Advanced' Tab

Uncheck 'Show informational notifications for local printers' if
printing to a locally connected printer,

or

Uncheck 'Show informational notifications for network printers' if
printing to a network printer

By unchecking either of these to options, you will turn off the
annoying message box that appears every time you print something.

Hope this helps,

Dan