slow printing after sp2

I have a user who installed Windows XP Service Pack 2 and
printing is now measurabley slower. I am using an HP
5000N printer. Also, there are these anoying prompts that
come up regarding the document print job status when
printing from microsoft products. Please help. Thank you
in advance for your help.

There is a registry hack to get rid of the balloon messages telling
you the print job is done:

Disabling the network print notification balloon windows in Windows XP
SP2

After installation of Windows XP Service Pack 2, a balloon window is
displayed every time a print job is sent to a networked printer
informing the user that the job has been spooled succesfully. You may
wish to disable this option.
To disable the network print notification balloon windows in Windows
XP SP2:

Use a registry editing tool to navigate to the following key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\Settings

Change the value with the following details:
Data Type: DWORD
Value Name: EnableBalloonNotificationsRemote
Value: 0

Stop and restart the spooler service for the change to take effect

Registry Settings Summary

Key Name HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\Settings
Value Name EnableBalloonNotificationsRemote
Value Type REG_DWORD
Value Data 0x00000000

"Jonathan Roundy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<42ad01c4afaf$86d61090$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
> I have a user who installed Windows XP Service Pack 2 and
> printing is now measurabley slower. I am using an HP
> 5000N printer. Also, there are these anoying prompts that
> come up regarding the document print job status when
> printing from microsoft products. Please help. Thank you
> in advance for your help.

Unfortunately, haven't yet found a fix for the slowness, or even what
is causing it... Anyone?

"Jonathan Roundy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<42ad01c4afaf$86d61090$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
> I have a user who installed Windows XP Service Pack 2 and
> printing is now measurabley slower. I am using an HP
> 5000N printer. Also, there are these anoying prompts that
> come up regarding the document print job status when
> printing from microsoft products. Please help. Thank you
> in advance for your help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts