lexmark x75 printer trouble.

Hi there. I am trying to install my lexmark x75 all in one printer to my xp
computer, but every time i try and install the drivers for it it comes up
with an error mesasage saying " the file system is not suitable for running
MS-DOS and microsoft windows applications. chose close to terminate the
application." At the top of the message it say 16 bit windows subsystem. ANY
help would be greatly recieved!!
3 answers Last reply
More about lexmark printer trouble

    Use the latest drivers from the Lexmark website.
    www.coribright.com

    "camladuk" <camladuk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi there. I am trying to install my lexmark x75 all in one printer to my
    > xp
    > computer, but every time i try and install the drivers for it it comes up
    > with an error mesasage saying " the file system is not suitable for
    > running
    > MS-DOS and microsoft windows applications. chose close to terminate the
    > application." At the top of the message it say 16 bit windows subsystem.
    > ANY
    > help would be greatly recieved!!

    hi there, i have tryed the latext driver from the lexmark site, but will not
    allow me to install the criver. It come up with the 16 bit windows sub system
    box saying, This program is not suitable for running in MS DOS and windows
    applications.

    Run a System File Check..... from the Command Prompt, type

    sfc /scannow

    (note the space between the c and the /)

    This will check the system files on the PC and replace any that may be
    corrupted. After it finishes, reboot the PC and try the printer
    installation again.

    > hi there, i have tryed the latext driver from the lexmark site, but will
    > not
    > allow me to install the criver. It come up with the 16 bit windows sub
    > system
    > box saying, This program is not suitable for running in MS DOS and windows
    > applications.

Lexmark Microsoft Printers Windows XP