Bluetooth on Windows 7

lmartinefc

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
Hi

Have purchased a lenovo thinkpad x100e. Comes with wifi, GSM and bluetooth

Only problem, I have no utility for managing the bluetooth. I have the standard drivers, so I get bluetooth in the system tray. Can :

Add a device
Allow a device to connect
Show bluetooth connections
Open settings
Remove icon

But.....how do i turn bluetooth ON/OFF. Doesn't seem to be an option for this, even in the settings.

On a phone, you just turn it off. On my old Vaio I could turn it ON/OFF using utilities provided with the laptop. But here there are no options to just turn it off, so I am always on (and drinking power). I can make it so I am not visible to other, but this is not the same as switching it off.

Help please!

This also comes with Access Connections (IBM) but nothing in there about bluetooth

???

;(

hairystuff

Distinguished
Install the Hotkey Features Integration for Windows 7, Vista, XP and 2000 driver (http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-74261.html). If you haven't done so.

* Hit the combination of Fn+F5 to toggle the Bluetooth ON and OFF.

lmartinefc

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
Yes downloaded that...no joy!

Maybe it didn't install the correct elements? I have the Elite model, which is the bluetooth model. The EXE prompts you for a model number before installing, I entered

2876 27G

This then auto selects the correct elements

Pressing Fn+F5 does nothing. Pressing Fn+END does nothing either (along with Fn+F12)

All of the other Fn keys work though?

????