XP pro connection to Network printer

Hi everyone. I have a slight problem connecting users on XP . When I try and
connect them to a Network printer a message appears saying 'a policy effect
on this machine prevents you from connecting........' sorry can't remember
the rest. The only way to resolve this is to make the user an administrator
on their local machine which can cause problems concerning deletion of system
files etc etc. Is there any way to over-come this and keep the users as
limited accounts but still connect them to network printers. I have tried
adding individuals to the securitys settings under the network printers but
to no avail. I would appriciate some advice if its possible. Thank you

--
karim zaoui
2 answers Last reply

    See Bruce Sandston's article at:
    www.coribright.com

    "broadfield" <karim@zaoui.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone. I have a slight problem connecting users on XP . When I try
    > and
    > connect them to a Network printer a message appears saying 'a policy
    > effect
    > on this machine prevents you from connecting........' sorry can't remember
    > the rest. The only way to resolve this is to make the user an
    > administrator
    > on their local machine which can cause problems concerning deletion of
    > system
    > files etc etc. Is there any way to over-come this and keep the users as
    > limited accounts but still connect them to network printers. I have
    > tried
    > adding individuals to the securitys settings under the network printers
    > but
    > to no avail. I would appriciate some advice if its possible. Thank you
    >
    > --
    > karim zaoui

    I assume the DC is an NT4 server. Either turn off the policy on the client
    or upgrade to XP SP2.

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    "broadfield" <karim@zaoui.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone. I have a slight problem connecting users on XP . When I try
    and
    > connect them to a Network printer a message appears saying 'a policy
    effect
    > on this machine prevents you from connecting........' sorry can't remember
    > the rest. The only way to resolve this is to make the user an
    administrator
    > on their local machine which can cause problems concerning deletion of
    system
    > files etc etc. Is there any way to over-come this and keep the users as
    > limited accounts but still connect them to network printers. I have
    tried
    > adding individuals to the securitys settings under the network printers
    but
    > to no avail. I would appriciate some advice if its possible. Thank you
    >
    > --
    > karim zaoui

Connection Network Printer Windows XP