Closed Solved

Hdmi to usb converter?

i am going to boarding school and we are not allowed to have tvs for fire safety/regulation or whatever... i am however allowed to bring my very nice gaming laptop. it does not have an hdmi in, only an out. i want to play xbox after i finish my work to chill out... would it work if i got an hdmi to usb converter. i would hav the hdmi come out the back of my xbox into the converter and then the usb would come out of the converter and into my computer, hopefully showing the xbox display.?.?.?
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about hdmi converter
  1. Nope. That will not work. You will need to connect the Xbox 360 to a monitor or TV to be able to play it.

The only laptops that I know of which do have HDMI inputs are Alienware laptop, but I'm not sure if all models have that ability.
  2. why wont it work is usb not an "in"
  3. adhdpimp said:
    why wont it work is usb not an "in"

Hi :)

Not for graphics its not...

All the best Brett :)
  4. Best answer
    You would have to purchase a USB capture device which supports HDMI input. My experience with these is that the picture quality is not good and there is lag. Perhaps you could return your gaming laptop and exchange it for one which supports HDMI input.
  5. if your not allowed a tv then get a projecter

slyly you can buy a portable projecter if they say no
  6. shanky887614 said:
    if your not allowed a tv then get a projecter

slyly you can buy a portable projecter if they say no

That's a sneaky solution. I like it.
  7. adhdpimp said:

Hi :)

No and you have already been told why not....

All the best Brett :)
  8. all the best to you bret you happen to be wrong this will work
  9. Best answer selected by ADHDPIMP.
  10. adhdpimp said:
    why wont it work is usb not an "in"

A computer USB cannot recognise a video signal it only deals with files. It is to do with copyright limitations.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Converter HDMI USB Video Games