water turbulence idea.. please help

Mnx4

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2001
i read an article(http://www.overclockers.com/articles511/) dealing with the physics of water cooling and is said that to get a better heat transferrance, you would need to create some turbulence...I was thinking that for increased turbulence, one could create a heatsink who's contents was hollow except for a small rotor/fan. I'm talking about a propeller that moves because the water would be forced inside the heatsink, by means of the inward flow, and be moved a little faster because of the water being moved out. Would this not work? i have posted this in the overclockers.com board too and i have also put a diagram there which could help. any insight or ideas would be welcome. Thanks. MnX4

Putting the laughter back in to Slaughter.

G

Actually, to make turbulence all you have to do is to "strangle" a point of the fluid's path, like when you pinch a hose you can feel the water flowing.

In case of stress break here --> -(0)-

scwarner

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2002
In the do it yourself diagrams I have seen, the horizontal channels were drilled at a different level to the vertical channels (water block is on it's side). This would create turbulance of the water in the block.

"Intel people buy their computers to learn. AMD people build theirs because they already have."