30 seconds to print after loading Windows XP Service Pack 2

After loading windows XP service pack 2 printing takes up to 30 seconds. If
you are previewing a print job in autocad and you click cancel, it can take
up to 20 seconds just to get back to print dialog.
3 answers Last reply
More about seconds print loading windows service pack

    It's negotiating the XP firewall. Give it a moment or two.
    www.coribright.com

    "Roundy" <Roundy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After loading windows XP service pack 2 printing takes up to 30 seconds.
    > If
    > you are previewing a print job in autocad and you click cancel, it can
    > take
    > up to 20 seconds just to get back to print dialog.

    How can I get it to skip negotiating the firewall? I unloaded service pack 2
    and it fixed the problem but???

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > It's negotiating the XP firewall. Give it a moment or two.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "Roundy" <Roundy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > After loading windows XP service pack 2 printing takes up to 30 seconds.
    > > If
    > > you are previewing a print job in autocad and you click cancel, it can
    > > take
    > > up to 20 seconds just to get back to print dialog.

    It can help if you navigate to the printer and enable sharing even if
    the computer is not on a network. Try it and please let us know if it
    helps on your setup.

    Tom
    MSMVP
    Windows shell/user.

    : How can I get it to skip negotiating the firewall? I unloaded service
    pack 2
    : and it fixed the problem but???
    :
    : "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    :
    : > It's negotiating the XP firewall. Give it a moment or two.
    : > --
    : > Cari (MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    : > www.coribright.com
    : >
    : > "Roundy" <Roundy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    : > news:471983BC-66CE-46BC-A985-9B0F650EE9F8@microsoft.com...
    : > > After loading windows XP service pack 2 printing takes up to 30
    seconds.
    : > > If
    : > > you are previewing a print job in autocad and you click cancel, it
    can
    : > > take
    : > > up to 20 seconds just to get back to print dialog.
    : > >
    : >
    : >
    : >