Sign in with
Your question

I want o upgrade my computer complely to mininum gaming specs ?

Last response: in Video Games
July 19, 2012 3:50:07 AM

hey i want to play games on this computer so i want to know i got to change in my comp here are my specs

Machine name: EMACHINET3025
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ECS
System Model: 945GCT-M
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2040MB RAM
July 19, 2012 8:20:12 AM

Don't know what PSU you have. If you have at least a 350W or 300W PSU you can put a GT 430, GT 440, 6670, or 7750.

As far as an intel chip is concerned, I believe your motherboard is a LGA 775 socket. So you can upgrade the CPU.

If money is a concern you can get this CPU:
http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Celeron-Processor-Socket-LG...
m
l
July 19, 2012 1:23:56 PM

what game are you looking to play?
if you want latest games, then you need a new PC, there's no point upgrading that one.
m
l
Related resources
July 19, 2012 2:05:35 PM

honestly emachines aint worth the effort of upgrading. you would need a new cpu minimum of 2.4 as emachines dont allow over clocking if i remember correctly. or you will need a new motherboard if your cpu is overclockable. then theres gfx. if you want bare minimum you want a gts 250. and a minimum of a 450w reputable psu.

i would say consider a new build entirely. as your pretty much gonna be doing that anyway. you will likely only re use the hdd/dvd and ram from the old build. so dump the ram and jump platform to sandy or ivy.

just checked and the cpu has a locked multiplyer so your down to fsb overclocking but because the board doesnt allow you to change the fsb theres no way to oc it. so you have no option but to replace the board and cpu.
m
l
July 19, 2012 3:28:28 PM

theasker said:
hey i want to play games on this computer so i want to know i got to change in my comp here are my specs

Machine name: EMACHINET3025
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ECS
System Model: 945GCT-M
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2040MB RAM

Have to agree with those already posted as well as the recommended hardware.

But if you still need cheaper now, with prospect of more $ later, just buy the best video card you can afford now, power supply permitting, and CPU upgrade later.

The video card is the single most important video upgrade you can make, and the cheapest.

Financially pressed, I would keep my dual cpu hardware and buy the sweet spot, a 560ti for instance costs less than $100 and you can game 1080p (just) with your dual processors if your memory's not too slow.

Tom's hardware charts tell it all.

If by a game machine, you meant a 3D, triple display, 1080p, complete with flames type setup, you might need slightly more.
m
l
July 19, 2012 4:05:00 PM

If you are looking for the bare minimum needed for some games I would upgrade your video to something that can handle a few games. You will have to really watch what the game specs are as many games are looking for more than a core2 type Pentium CPU. There are still some cool games out there, especially on Steam that you could enjoy yet and they would be cheap. I wouldn't expect to run any modern games on your PC though.

There are also some concerns, questions, and comments I have:
1) Does your PC even have a PCIe slot. Some of the cheaper models that use onboard don't even have a slot for a video card. In this case you are stuck. Crack your case open and look.
2) What wattage is your power supply? Cheaper machines usually go for the bare minimum to power their machines. I would want to see at least a 350W power supply to even add a video card.
3) If the above items are ok I would look at an AMD 7750. It doesn't have a power connector and they run about $100 after MIR. I would not even look at upgrading anything else on your machine.
4) You have XP. Games are going to soon stop supporting XP. Older games will be ok, but newer titles are starting to no support it. This applies to all software as well
5) I would not even bother upgrading your CPU. In my opinion it would be a waste. You would have to get at least a highend core2 duo or quad. With this being an Emachine it may not even support those chips. Some lower end machine are only rated to run lower wattage chips like Celerons and Pentiums. The BIOS may not even support them. OEMs can be funny like that.

My final comment is if you want to get going right away, only put money in a low end video card. Then start saving for a completely new machine if you intend to game.

m
l
July 21, 2012 2:15:12 AM

thank you every one your answers and suggestions and i decided to get a new computer but something money wise what do you suggest
m
l
July 21, 2012 2:18:44 AM

AntiZig said:
what game are you looking to play?
if you want latest games, then you need a new PC, there's no point upgrading that one.

what do you suggest you know money wise and what computer i should get or make my own build if that. what components should i get and thank you
m
l
!