Printing problem with service pack 2

Zan

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2004

I installed Service Pack 2 and am now having trouble printing on my network
printer. When I try to print, the queue indicates that it's printing, but it
does not. When I start the task manager, I can see that the print spool
(spoolsv.exe) is using up approximately 90% of the CPU. Help please!

Uninstall and reinstall the printer.... and check for updated drivers at the
printer manufacturer's website.

www.coribright.com

"zan" <zan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed Service Pack 2 and am now having trouble printing on my network
> printer. When I try to print, the queue indicates that it's printing, but
> it
> does not. When I start the task manager, I can see that the print spool
> (spoolsv.exe) is using up approximately 90% of the CPU. Help please!

Colin

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002

I have similar problems with my local printer (epson photo 750)

No printing happens after i installed sp2 at all. I went through the
uninstalleing and reinstalling process, but during install i get a message
saying 'no suitable printer port can be found'

I checked it wasn't a printer or hardware problem by booting from a second
hard drive running XP original, and the printer works fine. So it seems
something in SP2 is causing trouble.

I was wondering if it could be any kind of Firewall issue - do i need to
change settng in there?

Also, no reports on epson website of sp2 problems with this printer.

Anyone had this problem and solved it?

Many thanks.