visioeer 5800 usb ontouch scanner

i installed xp professional on my kids pc that came from compaq with a
visioneer 5800 usb onetouch scanner.

does anyone have one of these devises and know how to get them to work
with xp professional on a compaq 5004us. i have been farting with this
for two day and have run out of options.

i have read and read the doc from www.visioneer.com and i cant get it to
scan correctly. im having problems with the onetouch button setups.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks once again.
bob brozewicz

dos

dont see a 5800 up there...

"bob brozewicz" <brozewicz.rf@verizon.net> wrote in message
> i installed xp professional on my kids pc that came from compaq with a
> visioneer 5800 usb onetouch scanner.
>
> does anyone have one of these devises and know how to get them to work
> with xp professional on a compaq 5004us. i have been farting with this
> for two day and have run out of options.
>
> i have read and read the doc from www.visioneer.com and i cant get it to
> scan correctly. im having problems with the onetouch button setups.
>
> any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> thanks once again.
> bob brozewicz

the 5800 is no longer manufactured. i had an issue with the scanner's
once touch software. when you pressed the scan button this software
opened and allowed you to do things to the image that was just scanned.
the software is not compatible with xp.

no big deal, found a workaround by using photoshop pro, word and ms
paint. i just import/acquire the image into the application and then do
with what ever you need to do.

i wont be using it. my kids live with the X and ill have to let them
know how to do the import/acquire.

this pc is theirs and all i did was give it a BIG upgrade for xmas.