Is 1000 dpi mouse good for gaming

its a bog standard mouse. it can be used for gaming but it is slow having a standard 125ms response time. the mouse will work in games but you will find you have to move it a fair distance over the desk. a higher dpi mouse means you can move it much shorter distances and keep relative accuracy.
there are better mice out there that cost roughly the same. for gaming you want variable dpi 1600 minimum with a 250-500 ms response time (the higher the poll rate the better) preferably lazer as they can track on a wider range of surfaces than optical mice.
a cheap but very good mouse is the logitech g400 or at a push the microsoft intellimouse.

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011

what about this one
Logitech G 100 Gaming Mouse

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
If you're on a really tight budget, here is a mouse you might consider. I actually bought one of these as a backup for my SteelSeries Ikari on a whim. I have to say I'm pretty happy with it considering the very low price.

It has 3 switchable DPI (500, 1000, 2000). It's not variable dpi, but that's not really something you see in mouses this cheap anyway. Also has a couple of side buttons (which is a requirement for my tastes in any gaming mouse).

The rubberized buttons are also quite comfy and feel great. The only thing I don't really go for is its obvious design preference for a claw grip. If you like a mouse to fill the underside of your hand (palm gripping), than it's probably not the best choice.

The lift-off distance is also pretty high, which I've heard can be adjusted with their various firmware versions (I haven't tried). At any rate...worth a look and yet another low-cost alternative for a gaming mouse.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826570014

cooler-master_cm-storm-xornet-thumb-450x354.jpg