Checking and changing fax speed?

I'm using windows XP Fax Console to send and receive faxes.

It seemed slow prior to SP2 but after SP2 it takes 30 minutes a page?
Where the heck is the speed adjustment?

I also almost always get "An error occured while sending the fax" on the
last page? The page seems to get through but I find no place to look to see
what the error is?

You need to be pretty clear in the modem you are using. Now you have 3
options.

1) Check up with Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List for the modem that
you are using. The link is
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314062. If your
modem is not listed in it, there could not be any help available and have to
take it from your Modem Vendor only.
2) If this is a HCL modem, then uninstall the device along with its driver
and install it again with the latest driver. This could solve the problem.
3) For the errors that you are getting in Fax Console, you can view the
error details in Application log of Event Viewer in Administrative Tools
found in Control Panel.

Thanks and Regards
--
Anantha Yogesh