Paging Monual / Richard Lawson.

Thomas Houseman wrote:
> It's been about 3-4 months since your last post when you moved
servers?
> How's it going? Are you still playing EQ? Anymore stories likely
soon?

> I for one love the archive at
> http://www.geocities.com/skaarak/monual/index.html
> however... more stories would rock!!
>
> Here's hoping.....
>
> T.

Sadly, I believe Richard has moved on to bigger and better things. He
was hanging out for a while after more or less quitting (not stopping
his subscription but not playing either), but (I believe - I'm sure
someone will correct me if I'm wrong) he eventually decided to cancel
his subscription.

/sighs as he remembers the good old days.
/salute Monual Lifegiver

--
Kzundran, 51 Cleric of Firiona Vie

I've been hoping he shows up on the Vanguard forums. I've even been
telling the devs that he belongs in Vanguard's beta. Just let him write
tales of his experiences and fans will follow.

Orlun, "long lost ghost rogue from the past, ;-) "

>> It's been about 3-4 months since your last post when you moved
> servers?
>> How's it going? Are you still playing EQ? Anymore stories likely
> soon?
>>
>> I for one love the archive at
>> http://www.geocities.com/skaarak/monual/index.html
>> however... more stories would rock!!
>>
>> Here's hoping.....
>>
>> T.
>
> Sadly, I believe Richard has moved on to bigger and better things. He
> was hanging out for a while after more or less quitting (not stopping
> his subscription but not playing either), but (I believe - I'm sure
> someone will correct me if I'm wrong) he eventually decided to cancel
> his subscription.
>
> /sighs as he remembers the good old days.
> /salute Monual Lifegiver
>
> --
> Kzundran, 51 Cleric of Firiona Vie

Hey, all.

I've been on an EverQuest hiatus. I servermoved from Drinal to Quellious to
join a guild there, only to have it dissolve underneath me. I joined
another guild, and saw that it, too, quickly went into ruins.

That took a lot of the wind out of my sails. Everyone was leaving in
droves, and I just couldn't find a good, stable guild. I decided to try the
Matrix Online, and currently I have a level 35 Arbalest (think Wizard).

MxO has serious game balance and content issues, but you'd expect that for a
brand-new MMO. My Arbalest has a Stun spell that seems almost completely
unresistable and renders a mob completely unable to attack of defend for ten
seconds, which is plenty of time for me to get in some very serious damage.
I routinely kill mobs that are ten levels (or more) higher than me. The
spell is so unbalancing as to make the game boring - but then again, I'd
hate to think of life without it, either. It's the Complete Heal of MxO.

I tried playing another class, a Spy. Alas, a recent change made the class
completely useless. And I do mean completely; it currently has no viable
function within the game. Think of a Rogue and taking away backstab and
SoS. The developers have acknowledged that Spies have a problem at the
moment and have promised a solution - eventually.

My biggest complaint with MxO is the clunky interface makes talking to other
people a chore. All messages - NPC emotes, /ooc messages, tells, says - go
to the same box. Quite often people will send me a tell and I'll miss it
completely. Currently there is no way to customize the UI, although that is
apparently on the horizon. Meanwhile, I feel completely isolated. I solo a
bunch of missions and have no one to talk to, ever. Yes, I could join a
"crew" - the MxO term for guild - but I have no means to discover which are
the good guilds and which are the bad ones. Someone from a guild with
alternating capitals in the name - HaCkErS oF ZiOn or something - tried to
recruit me but I wasn't interested.

It's also quite obvious that the game could have used a few more months'
beta. Oh, it's playable, but there are a ton of annoying bugs out there.
For example, when you do a mission (much like an LDoN), bodies never decay.
And if you kill several mobs in the same place, you're unable to loot any
except the "top" mob, and often mission-critical items are on a mob at the
bottom of the pile. I've had to learn to "spread out" my mob kills, but
that's the kind of bug you'd think they'd've worked out before release.
That's just one example of a list of bugs. The developers are obviously
working quite hard to fix all these; they just released a massive patch that
fixed a ton of issues, but there's still a ton more in the hopper.

A couple of days ago I got an Instant Message from my former guildleader on
Drinal, saying hi. We chatted for a bit and I asked him about the status of
the game. He said that server populations appear to have stabilized at this
point - while people still leave, it's not the flood of a couple of months
ago. He's doing well in his new guild on Povar, and they're making good
progress in the new expansion.

That encouraged me, so I logged on Monual and did a /movelog to Povar.
Playing a new MMO like MxO makes you really appreciate how well-aged EQ is.
There is a definite advantage to playing a game that's got the major kinks
straightened out and has made major balancing efforts over the years.

I tried to check the EQClerics forums to see the current state of the
cleric. Alas, those forums appear to have disappeared somewhere. Anyone
know where?

Anyway, when the movelog is complete I'll probably give EQ one last go.
I'll check the guilds out and try to join a good one. I'd love to
participate in some good high-end raiding once again. I just was strongly
discouraged by the mass exodus of a couple months back. If that is indeed
mostly done with, I'm willing to try again.

I'll let y'all know how it goes. =)

-Richard

Monual Lifegiver
Prelate of Rodcet Nife
<no guild>
<no server>

"Orlun" <down@blackh0le.com> wrote in news:kNidnXHvb78w1uvfRVn-
oA@midco.net:

>>> It's been about 3-4 months since your last post when you moved
>>> servers? How's it going? Are you still playing EQ? Anymore stories
>>> likely soon?
>>>
>>> I for one love the archive at
>>> http://www.geocities.com/skaarak/monual/index.html however... more
>>> stories would rock!!
>>
>> Sadly, I believe Richard has moved on to bigger and better things. He
>> was hanging out for a while after more or less quitting (not stopping
>> his subscription but not playing either), but (I believe - I'm sure
>> someone will correct me if I'm wrong) he eventually decided to cancel
>> his subscription.
>>
>> /sighs as he remembers the good old days.
>> /salute Monual Lifegiver
>
> I've been hoping he shows up on the Vanguard forums. I've even been
> telling the devs that he belongs in Vanguard's beta. Just let him
write
> tales of his experiences and fans will follow.
>

> Orlun, "long lost ghost rogue from the past, ;-) "

How is that coming along? I can't access their site from here, and don't
think about it when I am at home.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 28 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Retired
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner, Retired

> How is that coming along? I can't access their site from here, and don't
> think about it when I am at home.

I expect beta will start in a month... or a few weeks after E3 settles down.
They are saying there will be a big release of new info at E3.
I predict beta will last most of the rest of the year and release will be an
early 2006 affair.

"Richard Lawson" <nouma@msn.com> writes:
> I tried to check the EQClerics forums to see the current state of the
> cleric. Alas, those forums appear to have disappeared somewhere. Anyone
> know where?

Not sure where you were looking. A couple months ago, someone
pointed out that the Cleric-site link in the FAQ was broken,
and gave me a link to a different Cleric forum site. The old,
broken link was for eqcleric.gameglow.com. The new link, which
was working just now when I tried it, is www.eqcleric.com.

I've always enjoyed your stories, and wish you the best in your
next attempt at rejoining the lands of EQ!

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 54 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 51 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- Teviron, Knight 15 on E. Marr

"Richard Lawson" <nouma@msn.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>
> That encouraged me, so I logged on Monual and did a /movelog to Povar.
> Playing a new MMO like MxO makes you really appreciate how well-aged EQ
> is. There is a definite advantage to playing a game that's got the major
> kinks straightened out and has made major balancing efforts over the
> years.
>
> I tried to check the EQClerics forums to see the current state of the
> cleric. Alas, those forums appear to have disappeared somewhere. Anyone
> know where?
>
> Anyway, when the movelog is complete I'll probably give EQ one last go.
> I'll check the guilds out and try to join a good one. I'd love to
> participate in some good high-end raiding once again. I just was strongly
> discouraged by the mass exodus of a couple months back. If that is indeed
> mostly done with, I'm willing to try again.

Very sad to hear you're serverless again :(

Drinal is a lot healthier now since the server merge - a lot more people
floating around. Being a family guild guild leader I don't really know how
the top end raiding guilds are doing as I don't have much to do with them,
however we're all having a hoot of a time with the new DoN expansion.

I also mourn the loss of the EQcleric site. It went down about a month ago
now and haven't found it resurrected anywhere yet either. Here's hoping
I'll find a similar one soon as I learnt a lot from there.

T.

Don Woods wrote:
> "Richard Lawson" <nouma@msn.com> writes:
> > I tried to check the EQClerics forums to see the current state of
the
> > cleric. Alas, those forums appear to have disappeared somewhere.
Anyone
> > know where?
>
> Not sure where you were looking. A couple months ago, someone
> pointed out that the Cleric-site link in the FAQ was broken,
> and gave me a link to a different Cleric forum site. The old,
> broken link was for eqcleric.gameglow.com. The new link, which
> was working just now when I tried it, is www.eqcleric.com.
>
> I've always enjoyed your stories, and wish you the best in your
> next attempt at rejoining the lands of EQ!
>
> -- Don.

Actually, I've found the original gameglow boards resurrected now,
they're at:

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/index.php?

Rgds,

Thomas.

"thomashouseman" <thomashouseman@gmail.com> writes:
> > ... A couple months ago, someone
> > pointed out that the Cleric-site link in the FAQ was broken,
> > and gave me a link to a different Cleric forum site. The old,
> > broken link was for eqcleric.gameglow.com. The new link, which
> > was working just now when I tried it, is www.eqcleric.com.
>
> Actually, I've found the original gameglow boards resurrected now,
> they're at:
>
> http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/index.php?

Are the gameglow boards considered a better resource for clerics?
Which site should I list in the FAQ?

On Sat, 07 May 2005 12:21:57 GMT, Don Woods <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote:

>"thomashouseman" <thomashouseman@gmail.com> writes:
>> > ... A couple months ago, someone
>> > pointed out that the Cleric-site link in the FAQ was broken,
>> > and gave me a link to a different Cleric forum site. The old,
>> > broken link was for eqcleric.gameglow.com. The new link, which
>> > was working just now when I tried it, is www.eqcleric.com.
>>
>> Actually, I've found the original gameglow boards resurrected now,
>> they're at:
>>
>> http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/index.php?
>
>Are the gameglow boards considered a better resource for clerics?
>Which site should I list in the FAQ?
>
> -- Don.

>-- See the a.g.e/EQ1 FAQ at http://www.iCynic.com/~don/EQ/age.faq.htm

I suggest list the one Thomas Houseman gave the link to.
Looks like the good old site,I was used to.
After searching for eqclerics.com on Google,I found a very similar
looking site,but with disgusting IGN advertisements.
Personally I dont use sites with advertisements for selling plat for $
or offering powerleveling services.
Sadly Google has these advertisements too sometimes,when
searching for EQ related information.

Mheldur 65 Cleric