No modem sound when connecting/connected

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook.fax,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Although, when I use the dialer I hear dial tone and any voice message
from the phone company in case of error, when sending a fax
I get no sound at all. When connection fails, I have no way of
knowing why (number does not exist, dial 1 before that number, etc.)

Can that be enabled ?
3 answers Last reply
More about modem sound connecting connected
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook.fax,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Provide enough information to permit troubleshooting. Include Fax software,
    how it is configured, steps used to send the fax, and exactly what does
    happen. Include error messages, Fax monitor notices, and Event viewer.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "GF" <x@noone.com> wrote in message
    > Although, when I use the dialer I hear dial tone and any voice message
    > from the phone company in case of error, when sending a fax
    > I get no sound at all. When connection fails, I have no way of
    > knowing why (number does not exist, dial 1 before that number, etc.)
    >
    > Can that be enabled ?

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook.fax,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    I use WinXp Fax native software.
    I connect with RAS (telephone modem)
    Fax is sent without any error message, monitor shows it as successful.
    The message has been saved top the Sent box.

    Anyway, I gather from your message that I should hear
    the tone and messages. I will uninstall FAX (if it can be done), and
    reinstall
    it to see if that fixes it.

    "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> a écrit dans le message de
    news: uBGlHzCtEHA.1400@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    > Provide enough information to permit troubleshooting. Include Fax
    > software, how it is configured, steps used to send the fax, and exactly
    > what does happen. Include error messages, Fax monitor notices, and Event
    > viewer.
    > --
    > Russ Valentine
    > [MVP-Outlook]
    > "GF" <x@noone.com> wrote in message
    >> Although, when I use the dialer I hear dial tone and any voice message
    >> from the phone company in case of error, when sending a fax
    >> I get no sound at all. When connection fails, I have no way of
    >> knowing why (number does not exist, dial 1 before that number, etc.)
    >>
    >> Can that be enabled ?

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook.fax,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    Problem was with modem settings.

    "GF" <x@noone.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
    %23ggpo7FtEHA.1400@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    >I use WinXp Fax native software.
    > I connect with RAS (telephone modem)
    > Fax is sent without any error message, monitor shows it as successful.
    > The message has been saved top the Sent box.
    >
    > Anyway, I gather from your message that I should hear
    > the tone and messages. I will uninstall FAX (if it can be done), and
    > reinstall
    > it to see if that fixes it.
    >

    > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> a écrit dans le message
    > de
    > news: uBGlHzCtEHA.1400@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    >> Provide enough information to permit troubleshooting. Include Fax
    >> software, how it is configured, steps used to send the fax, and exactly
    >> what does happen. Include error messages, Fax monitor notices, and Event
    >> viewer.
    >> --
    >> Russ Valentine
    >> [MVP-Outlook]
    >> "GF" <x@noone.com> wrote in message
    >>> Although, when I use the dialer I hear dial tone and any voice message
    >>> from the phone company in case of error, when sending a fax
    >>> I get no sound at all. When connection fails, I have no way of
    >>> knowing why (number does not exist, dial 1 before that number, etc.)
    >>>
    >>> Can that be enabled ?

Fax Microsoft Windows XP