hola:

the problem is, the printer just disappeared, no printer on the "printer and
faxes" area. The "add printer" icon ( or at side ) says " Could not complete
operation at this time". I try to start manually the spooler service and
gives the following error:

Could not start printer spooler service on
local computer
Error 1068 : The dependency service or group
failed to start.

Thanks for any help
Ivan

Lexmark make their print spooler service dependant on itself which is why
the 1068 error message appears.

You'll have to follow Bruce Sanderson's instructions at his website at:

And pay particular attention to the last few paragraphs on the page.
www.coribright.com

"ivanvalles" <ivan@this.is .my.addresss.me> wrote in message
> hola:
>
> the problem is, the printer just disappeared, no printer on the "printer
> and
> faxes" area. The "add printer" icon ( or at side ) says " Could not
> complete
> operation at this time". I try to start manually the spooler service and
> gives the following error:
>
> Could not start printer spooler service on
> local computer
> Error 1068 : The dependency service or
> group
> failed to start.
>
> Thanks for any help
> Ivan

Worth a try but I am dubious since you do not mention some of the other
symptoms that would be seen if the remote procedure call service were
not running.

Type each at the command prompt and press enter:

NET START RPCSS

NET START SPOOLER

If this fixes the problem but it recurs, the cause of the service
non-start or failure will have to be traced. Let us know.

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell\User

:
: the problem is, the printer just disappeared, no printer on the
"printer and
: faxes" area. The "add printer" icon ( or at side ) says " Could not
complete
: operation at this time". I try to start manually the spooler service
and
: gives the following error:
:
: Could not start printer spooler service
on
: local computer
: Error 1068 : The dependency service or
group
: failed to start.
:
: Thanks for any help
: Ivan
:
:

The printer is HP 5110 and is share from another station, but the issue here
is that I can't add a printer or start the spooler service (either manually
or automatically). No printer in the "printer and faxes" area, just
disappeared.

ivan

> Lexmark make their print spooler service dependant on itself which is why
> the 1068 error message appears.
>
> You'll have to follow Bruce Sanderson's instructions at his website at:
>
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
>
> And pay particular attention to the last few paragraphs on the page.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
> www.coribright.com
>
> "ivanvalles" <ivan@this.is .my.addresss.me> wrote in message
>> hola:
>>
>> the problem is, the printer just disappeared, no printer on the "printer
>> and
>> faxes" area. The "add printer" icon ( or at side ) says " Could not
>> complete
>> operation at this time". I try to start manually the spooler service and
>> gives the following error:
>>
>> Could not start printer spooler service on
>> local computer
>> Error 1068 : The dependency service or
>> group
>> failed to start.
>>
>> Thanks for any help
>> Ivan

The printer spooler is starting and then stopping. Even if it's NOT a
Lexmark, the steps at Bruce's website will help you regain the spooler
service.
www.coribright.com

"ivan**valles**" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The printer is HP 5110 and is share from another station, but the issue
> here is that I can't add a printer or start the spooler service (either
> manually or automatically). No printer in the "printer and faxes" area,
> just disappeared.
>
> ivan
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
>> Lexmark make their print spooler service dependant on itself which is why
>> the 1068 error message appears.
>>
>> You'll have to follow Bruce Sanderson's instructions at his website at:
>>
>> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
>>
>> And pay particular attention to the last few paragraphs on the page.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
>> www.coribright.com
>>
>> "ivanvalles" <ivan@this.is .my.addresss.me> wrote in message
>>> hola:
>>>
>>> the problem is, the printer just disappeared, no printer on the "printer
>>> and
>>> faxes" area. The "add printer" icon ( or at side ) says " Could not
>>> complete
>>> operation at this time". I try to start manually the spooler service and
>>> gives the following error:
>>>
>>> Could not start printer spooler service
>>> on
>>> local computer
>>> Error 1068 : The dependency service or
>>> group
>>> failed to start.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help
>>> Ivan

I read it later then I tell you.

thanks for the advice,

> The printer spooler is starting and then stopping. Even if it's NOT a
> Lexmark, the steps at Bruce's website will help you regain the spooler
> service.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
> www.coribright.com
>
> "ivan**valles**" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> The printer is HP 5110 and is share from another station, but the issue
>> here is that I can't add a printer or start the spooler service (either
>> manually or automatically). No printer in the "printer and faxes" area,
>> just disappeared.
>>
>> ivan
>>
>> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
>>> Lexmark make their print spooler service dependant on itself which is
>>> why the 1068 error message appears.
>>>
>>> You'll have to follow Bruce Sanderson's instructions at his website at:
>>>
>>> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
>>>
>>> And pay particular attention to the last few paragraphs on the page.
>>> --
>>> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
>>> www.coribright.com
>>>
>>> "ivanvalles" <ivan@this.is .my.addresss.me> wrote in message

thanks for refering me to this web site , it helps me a lot to resolve the
problem, also to learn more about the printing thing.

thanks again
ivan