Add printer fails: "Cannot create a file when that file al..

Hi,

I'm trying to help a friend who is unable to install any printer drivers.
He's trying to install an HP Laserjet 6P, but we also tried installing
several other manufacturer's printer drivers and they all failed the same
way. The computer was running WinXP Professional SP1 when the problem
started. Installing SP2 did not change anything.

The installation goes most of the way to the end, and then fails with the
message:

"Cannot create a file when that file already exists."

Thanks for any help,
Paul Shapiro

Ensure you uninstall any printers first...

www.coribright.com

"Paul Shapiro" <paul@hideme.broadwayData.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to help a friend who is unable to install any printer drivers.
> He's trying to install an HP Laserjet 6P, but we also tried installing
> several other manufacturer's printer drivers and they all failed the same
> way. The computer was running WinXP Professional SP1 when the problem
> started. Installing SP2 did not change anything.
>
> The installation goes most of the way to the end, and then fails with the
> message:
>
> "Cannot create a file when that file already exists."
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Paul Shapiro

Thank you!!! Following those instructions fixed the problem.
Paul Shapiro