my fan's to damn loud!!!!

G

i have an AMD 1.33 gig Tbird CPU. It usually runs at about 35 degrees celsius but the damn fan is just to loud!! so far i've spent over $150 on fans but I have failed to find one silent enough. right now I have setteled for a thermal take ORB 3 1135A. It is still unbareably loud. can anybody recomend a queit yet cool running fan to me?

G

Get a heatsink that will allow you to put a 60-80mm adapter on it. Once you do that you can get an 80mm fan that pushes a lot of CFM at low db.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Get an Alpha PAL-8045 heatsink and get a low speed Sunon 80MM fan.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

G

I do not think your problem lies with the cpu fan, but with the casefans it helps to have them all blowing in and have the case sound insulated with foam. also orbital fans are not that great, a copper core heatsink/fan is good @ 38cfm fairly quiet

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
for one thing your chip does not have to be that low of a temp i have my 1.2 right here that has been wrong full load for the past 3 to 4 day strat and it is 43c that is with the heat sink that comes with the cpu and also the hotes it has every got is like 55c wich is still a safe operating for the chip

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red><font color=green> Can be a lot of fun</font color=green> :smile: :smile: :smile:

G

Either I got a different cooler with my AMD or you are working in a very cool enviroment (or it's an Intel proc.) if you are running at 43 Celcius with the stock cooler. I plugged mine on the 1GHz Athlon and it would run 56 Celcius in a 70 Farenheit (21.1 Celcius) enviroment. With the aftermarket cooler I'll run 38 Celcius.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Hmm, a bit of Arctic Silver II might actually significantly lower your temps.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

skimzzz

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2001
how did you get your 1.33 tbird down to 35 C? I've got a 1.2 tbird with arctic silver, plus a large AL heat sink, plus a 92 to 60 mm aluminum adapter with arctic silver between it and the HS, and a 92 mm Sunon fan at 2500 RPMs, in a Chieftech tower case with an enermax dual fan PS, with 2 80 mm outlet fans, plus a slot cooler outlet fan, and 1 80 mm intake fan. I get idles (based on ECS k7sa mobo) of 43 C at 1200 mhz and 37 at 900 mhz (100 FSB). I've felt the HS when the CPU measured 43 C and it was cool to the touch, so added more fans wouldn't do squat.

xenite

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
I went out and bought a Glaciator II, which was supposed to be great and all, but that thing's too damn loud, too.

Can I hook one of these 80MM fans on that sucker? I'm going deaf!

Feeling like a sucker,
Xenite

Beware the Sword of the Righteous, for it's hard to tell where the handle ends and the blade begins.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I have a trick for you-use 7 volts. To do this, get a 3 to 4 pin adapter and switch the leads so the black fan wire is where the red power wire used to be.

Since most of these are pass through connectors, if it has two ends make sure BOTH are switched the same way to insure the corrrect order to the device you may plug into the open end.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?