Sign in with
Your question

MY RIG GOOD ENOUGH ?????

Last response: in Video Games
July 21, 2012 4:14:15 AM

hi i am trying to build a gaming pc.
i am wondering if my configuration is good enough for current games.
also is it future proof at all?

Cpu- Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000

Gpu-XFX Double D FX-797A-TDBC Radeon HD 7970 Black Edition 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support

Psu-CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX850 (CMPSU-850AX) 850W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular

Ram-Patriot Gamer 2 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model PGD316G1333ELK

Motherboard-Intel BOXDZ77BH55K LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI, DP, SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Ssd-Intel 330 Series Maple Crest SSDSC2CT120A3K5 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Hdd-Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Case-COOLER MASTER HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 Black SECC/ ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

And is all of my stuff compatible
if you think there is something wrong with this build please suggest something else.

Thx

More about : rig good

July 21, 2012 7:57:45 AM

looks ok

though 850w is more than needed

and 8gb of 1600mhz ram would be enough for gaming

and would have to recommend the gtx670 over the 7970
m
l
July 21, 2012 8:00:35 AM

Yes it's fine
m
l
Related resources
July 21, 2012 10:13:48 PM

As mentioned above;

Everything looks great - but 850w is overkill, 600 would be fine really. Though if by 'future proof' you mean you hae the ability to SLI later down the line, then that PSU would be fine.

I would also agree that Id have a 670 over a 7970, but each to his own!
m
l
July 21, 2012 10:26:45 PM

If he's not breaking his wallet, it would be best to stay with the 850 since it's adequate to SLI 7970's later on if he wanted to go that route. I'm not sure about that mobo though. You may want to confirm the build quality on that with some reviews.
m
l
July 21, 2012 11:51:25 PM

it may be well known but asrock aint known for the quality of there boards. in fact they are the budget board maker with a very hit and miss quality reputation. yeah there well featured but 1 of the ways they pack features in and keep prices down is by using cheaper components where they can, you dont get 2oz copper pcb's for instance, along with other things like solid state caps, alloy chokes and mosfet's. instead they offer things like gold caps with lots of ohh and ahhh! GOLD! but are only slightly different to ordinary esr caps. end result you can still oc on a asrock board but after a year or so your likely to see a lot of boards showing signs of stress with swollen caps. the reality is asrtock are well known and sell lots of units for 1 reason only, there cheap.
asrok are second teir like foxcon and biostar as most of there boards are low cost. they do, do the odd high end product but there range is often very limited compared to say gigabyte, asus or even intel.
so just because the board is not as well known, dont go thinking its not as good. especially when your comparing it to the likes of asrock.
m
l
July 22, 2012 12:07:55 AM

HEXiT said:
it may be well known but asrock aint known for the quality of there boards. you dont get 2oz copper pcb's for instance. yeah there well featured but 1 of the ways they pack features in and keep prices down is by using cheaper components where they can. they offer things like gold caps which are only slightly different to ordinary esr caps unlike solid state caps which offer much longer lifespan but cost more, along with other things like chokes and mosfet are much higher grade but again increase cost. end result you can still oc on a asrock board but after a year or so your likely to see a lot of boards showing signs of stress with swollen caps. that intel board uses 100% solid state much like gigabyte and other more expensive board makers.
asrok are second teir like foxcon and biostar as most of there boards are low cost. they do, do the odd high end product but there range is often very limited compared to say gigabyte, asus or even intel.

I can't speak for Ivy B but on Sandy Bridge, Asrock put out arguably the most reliable boards. Asus had coldboot issues, gigabyte had bios issues, EVGA had full meltdowns. Asrock's p67 and z68 boards were actually problem free and one of the few high-end boards that could make that claim for sandy bridge.
m
l
July 22, 2012 11:39:22 AM

+1

Used my ASRock board since it was released and had no problems what so ever
m
l
!