Problem printing to shared printer from programs

I am having a problem with a Panasonic KX-P7100 printer attached to a
Windows XP machine. The printer works fine on the PC it is attached
to but when I try to print to it from another PC I have issues.

Basically what happens is that I can setup the printer on the remote
PC and I can print a test page no problem but I can't print from any
programs (like Word or Excel).

I have tried the following to resolve:

1. Re-installed printer on attached PC.
2. Re-created printer on remote PC.
3. Checked event logs on both PC's to check for issues. None.
4. Made sure both PC's had the same patch level. All patches were
installed (including XP SP2 and the GDI+ Update).
5. Turned off Internet Connection Firewall for both PC's

Nothing seems to have helped. When I send the print job and watch the
queue (from the remote PC) it just prints normally. Problem is it
never shows up. Any help would be appreciated.

Tanks,

Did you make sure that "File and Print Sharing" was enabled.

"Fhiebert" wrote:

> I am having a problem with a Panasonic KX-P7100 printer attached to a
> Windows XP machine. The printer works fine on the PC it is attached
> to but when I try to print to it from another PC I have issues.
>
> Basically what happens is that I can setup the printer on the remote
> PC and I can print a test page no problem but I can't print from any
> programs (like Word or Excel).
>
> I have tried the following to resolve:
>
> 1. Re-installed printer on attached PC.
> 2. Re-created printer on remote PC.
> 3. Checked event logs on both PC's to check for issues. None.
> 4. Made sure both PC's had the same patch level. All patches were
> installed (including XP SP2 and the GDI+ Update).
> 5. Turned off Internet Connection Firewall for both PC's
>
> Nothing seems to have helped. When I send the print job and watch the
> queue (from the remote PC) it just prints normally. Problem is it
> never shows up. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Tanks,

Yes I did. This printer actually worked fine like this for a while.
I assume it has something to do with SP2 or the GDI update but I am
not sure.

Thanks,