Explorer.exe crashes when Adding Standard TCP/IP Port

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Ok. I have a machine running XP Pro and a networked HP LaserJet 1300n
printer. When I "Create a new port" in the "Add a new printer" wizard I can
enter in the IP then when I click "next", Explorer.exe crashes everytime.
There are serval other XP machines connected to this printer.

Any ideas?

Make sure the Standard TCP/IP port UI is not loading some 3rd party drivers
in explorer

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;261302

--
Alan Morris