Unlocking Pentium 4 1.8Ghz???

G

I have recently bought myself an Asus P4t Motherboard. Along with Rd (pc800) ram and a 1.8 Ghz Pentium Processor. The North bridge runs at 400Mhz, while the south runs at 100Mhz. Dig this. I want to run my south bridge at 133Mhz, which is the standard bus speed and can be achieved on an Asus P4t Motherboard. But Intel has laser locked the Cpu, which locks the cpu multiplier.
If I increase the Fsb to 133Mhz, my Cpu will be clocked at 2394Mhz (18 * 133), and it will not even boot. Since my Cpu Multiplier is locked I cannot achieve that bus speed. I have rang Intel, they told me my Cpu is laser locked!!!!!
Does anyone know if it is possible to/how unlock my P4 1.8 Processor(socket 432)????

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
If I increase the Fsb to 133Mhz, my Cpu will be clocked at 2394Mhz (18 * 133), and it will not even boot. Since my Cpu Multiplier is locked I cannot achieve that bus speed. I have rang Intel, they told me my Cpu is laser locked!!!!!
Does anyone know if it is possible to/how unlock my P4 1.8 Processor(socket 432)????

LoL, you called intel>?

LOL!

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
there is no way known to use of unlocking intel chips

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red><font color=green> Can be a lot of fun</font color=green> :smile: :smile: :smile:

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
wow, you rang intel for that? even I could have given the same answer.

actually, even the AthlonXPs are laser locked. they have some methods to unlock. somebody will eventually find a way to unlock the P4. It needs OC badly.

Anyway I wouldnt run the PC800 SDRAM at 133 MHz, they arent much overclockble, partly due to the latencies and partly due to the fact that they run at 800 MHz internally, 266 MHz is too big a jump for the insides of the RDRAM.

<font color=red>Nothing is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have rang Intel, they told me my Cpu is laser locked!!!!!
Unbelievable!!! Seriously, there is no way to unlock Intel CPU now, and by overclocking it you technically void your warranty!

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

G

I assume thats some kind of a joke, RIGHT?

What was it again, let me see;

"I rang Intel"

LOL bro'

:))))

<font color=blue>Get a T-Bird...
Impressive CPU + House heater in one package. What do you need more?</font color=blue>

chaotictech

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
No.1 Never call A manufacturer and tell them your doing something with there product your not sopposed to do.
No.2 Intel has locked there processoers since the p2 233.

If you ever stop learning, YOU'ER DEAD!!