EQL: Getting to Chardok B (Halls of Betrayal)

Greetings,

I'm trying to find a repeatable method of getting through Chardok to the Halls of Betrayal
(Chardok B).

Despite having been in the game for almost 5 years, I've never been in Chardok or Chardok
B. But my interested is piqued since, at the moment, it's a hot spot for 60+ characters
(and an undead dungeon to boot!).

I've read that you can stage yourself at the steps in the loop in Chardok, at the ZI.
Then, when you're ready, you pop DA and run to the bridge, jump down, swim through a
waterfall, and click the lever in the Chardok B zone alcove. A DA-train is always a good
time!

Unfortunately, the instructions which I found for this technique leave much room for
interpretation by those who are unfamiliar with Chardok (/raise). Adding to the mess is
my failure to find any maps worth the (virtual) paper which they were written on.

Undeterred, I took my 61 PAL over to Chardok, and sat staring at the stairs in the ZI
loop. After a while, a Mage and his buddy came through and I asked if they would show me
the way.

We cleared to the bridge and jumped off the near right-side of the bridge. Then we
cleared our way NE. Eventually the Mage said that we were close enough, and it would be
easier to CoH me to the Chardok B alcove. Before I could suggest differently, he invised,
and CoH'd me to the alcove.

Shrugging, I clicked the lever, and voila! - undead for days, as far as the eye could see.
Truly my idea of heaven! I need to LIVE here for a while.

But there are problems. My single experience with one of the Chardok B ZI MOBS shows that
my PAL is not strong enough to solo in the zone; he will need assistance from my 65 CLR
and my 57 ENC if he is to survive.

The first problem is that, because of the CoH, I never learned how to get to Chardok B. I
can't get the other toons in there if I don't know the path.

The second problem is that I didn't see the waterfall when we jumped off the bridge. It's
possible that my gracious guide did not know about the DA-train technique.

I've done some careful exploring in Chardok, around the alcove, and I've found the
waterfall, and I've swam through it. But I can't for the life of me figure out where the
bridge is, above me. It looks like solid rock up there. That being said, I haven't swam
too far from the waterfall.

So my question is...did we jump down on the wrong side of the bridge, the wrong end of the
bridge, or off the wrong bridge altogether?

Best regards,

Tim ==
(substitute 'tcsys.com' for 'nospam.co.uk')
_________________

Seeq Endestroi
Paladin of Mithanial Marr, The Rathe
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=507035

Grave Wisdom / Grave Intentions - a Rathe Guild
http://www.gravewisdom.com

On Mon, 02 May 2005 20:22:52 -0500, Seeq Endestroi <seeq@nospam.co.uk>
wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>I'm trying to find a repeatable method of getting through Chardok to the Halls of Betrayal
>(Chardok B).
>
>Despite having been in the game for almost 5 years, I've never been in Chardok or Chardok
>B. But my interested is piqued since, at the moment, it's a hot spot for 60+ characters
>(and an undead dungeon to boot!).
>
>I've read that you can stage yourself at the steps in the loop in Chardok, at the ZI.
>Then, when you're ready, you pop DA and run to the bridge, jump down, swim through a
>waterfall, and click the lever in the Chardok B zone alcove. A DA-train is always a good
>time!
>
>Unfortunately, the instructions which I found for this technique leave much room for
>interpretation by those who are unfamiliar with Chardok (/raise). Adding to the mess is
>my failure to find any maps worth the (virtual) paper which they were written on.
>
>Undeterred, I took my 61 PAL over to Chardok, and sat staring at the stairs in the ZI
>loop. After a while, a Mage and his buddy came through and I asked if they would show me
>the way.
>
>We cleared to the bridge and jumped off the near right-side of the bridge. Then we
>cleared our way NE. Eventually the Mage said that we were close enough, and it would be
>easier to CoH me to the Chardok B alcove. Before I could suggest differently, he invised,
>and CoH'd me to the alcove.
>
>Shrugging, I clicked the lever, and voila! - undead for days, as far as the eye could see.
>Truly my idea of heaven! I need to LIVE here for a while.
>
>But there are problems. My single experience with one of the Chardok B ZI MOBS shows that
>my PAL is not strong enough to solo in the zone; he will need assistance from my 65 CLR
>and my 57 ENC if he is to survive.
>
>The first problem is that, because of the CoH, I never learned how to get to Chardok B. I
>can't get the other toons in there if I don't know the path.
>
>The second problem is that I didn't see the waterfall when we jumped off the bridge. It's
>possible that my gracious guide did not know about the DA-train technique.
>
>I've done some careful exploring in Chardok, around the alcove, and I've found the
>waterfall, and I've swam through it. But I can't for the life of me figure out where the
>bridge is, above me. It looks like solid rock up there. That being said, I haven't swam
>too far from the waterfall.
>
>So my question is...did we jump down on the wrong side of the bridge, the wrong end of the
>bridge, or off the wrong bridge altogether?
>
>Best regards,

I think you might be getting confused, you have to jump off of 2
bridges to do the run to ChardokB (or come in the back way through the
levitation tunnel). It's doable withouth DA (or even gear) if you know
the way, you'll loose your adds on both jumps if you don't waste too
much time along the way.

To get there, zone in (with sow up if possible) and hang a right
through the fort. Run down to the first bridge and jump. The room
below is safe with only a couple of non-agro mobs in it and you can
take a minute to heal up and re-invis before the train from up top
arrives. That room will have one exit, take that and then take the
first right down a side passage (right after you exit the room). Go
down that passage and then take the first left. go down to a T and
take the first right. Run down that passage, past a door (or two?) and
you'll get to an open area with 2 bridges. One straight and one to
your right. Jump off of the right one you'll be down by the waterfall.
Run past the waterfall and zone in before the trains catch up with
you.

Rgds, Frank.

On Tue, 03 May 2005 05:08:23 -0700, Frank E <fakeaddress@hotmail.com> wrote:

>To get there, zone in (with sow up if possible) and hang a right
>through the fort. Run down to the first bridge and jump. The room
>below is safe with only a couple of non-agro mobs in it and you can
>take a minute to heal up and re-invis before the train from up top
>arrives. That room will have one exit, take that and then take the
>first right down a side passage (right after you exit the room). Go
>down that passage and then take the first left. go down to a T and
>take the first right. Run down that passage, past a door (or two?) and
>you'll get to an open area with 2 bridges. One straight and one to
>your right. Jump off of the right one you'll be down by the waterfall.
>Run past the waterfall and zone in before the trains catch up with
>you.

I ran my 57 Chanter in there and got slain in a couple of ticks by the Bridge Keeper.

Was I at least in the right spot?

On Tue, 03 May 2005 21:35:50 -0500, Seeq Endestroi <seeq@nospam.co.uk>
wrote:

>On Tue, 03 May 2005 05:08:23 -0700, Frank E <fakeaddress@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>To get there, zone in (with sow up if possible) and hang a right
>>through the fort. Run down to the first bridge and jump. The room
>>below is safe with only a couple of non-agro mobs in it and you can
>>take a minute to heal up and re-invis before the train from up top
>>arrives. That room will have one exit, take that and then take the
>>first right down a side passage (right after you exit the room). Go
>>down that passage and then take the first left. go down to a T and
>>take the first right. Run down that passage, past a door (or two?) and
>>you'll get to an open area with 2 bridges. One straight and one to
>>your right. Jump off of the right one you'll be down by the waterfall.
>>Run past the waterfall and zone in before the trains catch up with
>>you.
>
>I ran my 57 Chanter in there and got slain in a couple of ticks by the Bridge Keeper.
>
>Was I at least in the right spot?

Yup. He's close to where you do the 2nd jump down. I _think_ you can
avoid him if you hang a right as soon as you get to that open area
with the two bridges where he spawns. Seems like he spawns at the
bridge that's straight ahead of you when you come down the corridor
but you can jump off of the bridge that's to your right.

Rgds, Frank

"Seeq Endestroi" <seeq@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Tue, 03 May 2005 05:08:23 -0700, Frank E <fakeaddress@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> >To get there, zone in (with sow up if possible) and hang a right
> >through the fort. Run down to the first bridge and jump. The room
> >below is safe with only a couple of non-agro mobs in it and you can
> >take a minute to heal up and re-invis before the train from up top
> >arrives. That room will have one exit, take that and then take the
> >first right down a side passage (right after you exit the room). Go
> >down that passage and then take the first left. go down to a T and
> >take the first right. Run down that passage, past a door (or two?) and
> >you'll get to an open area with 2 bridges. One straight and one to
> >your right. Jump off of the right one you'll be down by the waterfall.
> >Run past the waterfall and zone in before the trains catch up with
> >you.
>
> I ran my 57 Chanter in there and got slain in a couple of ticks by the
Bridge Keeper.

> Was I at least in the right spot?

Just get chardok faction and stroll there....

On Wed, 04 May 2005 11:49:29 GMT, "Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote:

>Just get chardok faction and stroll there....

I did Sherman's March to the Sea in the Warrens, building Heretics faction to ally so I
might walk uncontested through the streets of Paineel to obtain my Hole key. That effort
translated into about 12 hours of nonstop Kobold killing. Fortunately, there's not much
you can kill to earn neg Heretics faction, so I didn't have to worry about an albatross
around my neck when I started my quest.

But with regards to earning Chardok faction in a similar manner, I did a *lot* of XPing at
the LOIO Sarnak fort. I could easily have -20k Brood of Di'Zok and Sarnak Collective
faction, because my time at the Sarnak fort was spent in early 2002, which I believe
predates the negative faction cap. I've also gone back to the fort several times in
recent months, to visit the Chancellor and the Fabled Chancellor. I think it would take
me a good, long while to raise my Sarnak faction from KOS to apprehensive or indifferent.

Still, I enjoy a challenge like this. Is there a place in FM where I might find a tight
cluster of a hundred Goblins of Mountain Death, with a steady and speedy respawn rate?

Seeq Endestroi <seeq@nospam.co.uk> writes:
> Still, I enjoy a challenge like this. Is there a place in FM where I
> might find a tight cluster of a hundred Goblins of Mountain Death, with a
> steady and speedy respawn rate?

Well, there's the cave system in the southwest. (It's sort of in
the center of the southwest quarter of the zone.) Lots of MD gobs,
not sure what the respawn rate is.

Be aware that many of the mobs there are quest mobs that got moved
out of Droga long ago when Droga got revamped. So (a) a few of them
might have oddball factions (in particular, don't kill "A Goblin
Traitor", since he's working for the Sarnaks!), and (b) if there's
anyone else there looking for quest pieces, please be considerate.

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 54 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 51 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- Teviron, Knight 15 on E. Marr

TRENDING THREADS