Compaq NC3161 Fast Ethernet NIC Driver?

Hi,

I have a Compaq ENS P450 with Windows98SE - where to finde the lastest
Windows 98SE driver for Compaq NC3161 Fast Ethernet NIC ? The driver I have
at the moment is from 5-5-1999 !! Is it a Intel network adapter?
5 answers Last reply
More about compaq nc3161 fast ethernet driver

    Is it working? If so, why find a new driver? Who cares how old it is.

    If it ain't broke,.....
    "Peter Jensen" <peter1969@removemeofir.dk> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Compaq ENS P450 with Windows98SE - where to finde the lastest
    > Windows 98SE driver for Compaq NC3161 Fast Ethernet NIC ? The driver I
    > have at the moment is from 5-5-1999 !! Is it a Intel network adapter?

    It works, but would like to update to the latest version

    "Tom Scales" <tom@scalesfamily.com> skrev i en meddelelse
    > Is it working? If so, why find a new driver? Who cares how old it is.
    >
    > If it ain't broke,.....
    > "Peter Jensen" <peter1969@removemeofir.dk> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have a Compaq ENS P450 with Windows98SE - where to finde the lastest
    >> Windows 98SE driver for Compaq NC3161 Fast Ethernet NIC ? The driver I
    >> have at the moment is from 5-5-1999 !! Is it a Intel network adapter?

    What makes you think there IS a newer version. Compaq is unlikely to have
    updated a working driver.

    Tom
    > It works, but would like to update to the latest version
    >
    > "Tom Scales" <tom@scalesfamily.com> skrev i en meddelelse
    >> Is it working? If so, why find a new driver? Who cares how old it is.
    >>
    >> If it ain't broke,.....
    >> "Peter Jensen" <peter1969@removemeofir.dk> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I have a Compaq ENS P450 with Windows98SE - where to finde the lastest
    >>> Windows 98SE driver for Compaq NC3161 Fast Ethernet NIC ? The driver I
    >>> have at the moment is from 5-5-1999 !! Is it a Intel network adapter?

    1. Look at the chip on the card. If the chip is an Intel chip, write down its
    model number, something like 82557, 82558, or 82559. Then go to the Intel web
    site and download the drivers you need for the chip. This will work if the
    NC3161 is a "rebadged" Intel card or a card made with an Intel chip.

    2. If the chip is not Intel, go to the chip manufacturer's web site and download
    the drivers you need for the model of chip on the card.

    3. Submit your computer to the Windows update process. If Windows update has a
    later driver, it will give you the option to install it.

    4. At this late date, do not depend on HPaq for any Windows 98 support.

    5. If you can't find drivers using any of the above, live with the one you have,
    because it is probably the latest... Ben Myers

    On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 14:43:08 +0100, "Peter Jensen" <peter1969@removemeofir.dk>
    wrote:

    >It works, but would like to update to the latest version
    >
    >"Tom Scales" <tom@scalesfamily.com> skrev i en meddelelse
    >> Is it working? If so, why find a new driver? Who cares how old it is.
    >>
    >> If it ain't broke,.....
    >> "Peter Jensen" <peter1969@removemeofir.dk> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I have a Compaq ENS P450 with Windows98SE - where to finde the lastest
    >>> Windows 98SE driver for Compaq NC3161 Fast Ethernet NIC ? The driver I
    >>> have at the moment is from 5-5-1999 !! Is it a Intel network adapter?

    "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it."

    HH

    "Peter Jensen" <peter1969@removemeofir.dk> wrote in message
    > It works, but would like to update to the latest version
    >
    > "Tom Scales" <tom@scalesfamily.com> skrev i en meddelelse
    >> Is it working? If so, why find a new driver? Who cares how old it is.
    >>
    >> If it ain't broke,.....
    >> "Peter Jensen" <peter1969@removemeofir.dk> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I have a Compaq ENS P450 with Windows98SE - where to finde the lastest
    >>> Windows 98SE driver for Compaq NC3161 Fast Ethernet NIC ? The driver I
    >>> have at the moment is from 5-5-1999 !! Is it a Intel network adapter?

Compaq NIC Ethernet Card Computers