Faxing on a second phone line or using a Fax 800 number

We have two phone lines that we use. We have DSL and the other line to use
for faxing. I am thinking about closing out this second line since we
hardly ever use it other than faxing every now and then.

Would it be cheaper to use an 800 number for faxing instead?

Thanks
Mary
1 answer Last reply
More about faxing phone line number

    What do you use for telephone calls? If not a cell, plug the fax into
    that line. You might have to get a line filter which most ADSL/DSL
    providers will give you free or purchasable from an electronics store.
    Check with your DSL provider.

    An 800 number is still a phone number and requires the fax be connected
    to the telephone company.

    An Internet fax service is a possibility. You send the fax to them
    through the Internet and they send it over phone company lines to the
    recipient. The service is pay-for-use or subscriber based.

    Tom
    MSMVP
    Windows Shell/User

    :
    : Would it be cheaper to use an 800 number for faxing instead?
    :
    : Thanks
    : Mary
    :