StarTech Dock Hosts up to 4 External Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I could definitely use one of these, it would be great to have 4 drives in there at once and I would be able to back up all of my drives at once!

I'd probably get 4x2TB since they're so cheap ($90)

This is good for those who are setting up multiple machines without having to power then all at once but instead clone one drive and mirror instead on the four drives in this docking station and great for professional use vs one drive at a time.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
I personally would have no use for this at home, but these are EXTREMELY handy for me at work. Employees find clever ways to completely tank their work computers with malware/virus/adware/whatever and they turn to me to fix their problems. I take their drive, slap it into one of these, and grab the files they still need before I completely wipe the drive.

With this I could do four at one time... now I just need my boss to approve the purchase so I can get one.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
In lieu of something like this (which is nice) I got a couple of the Antec Easy SATA bays. Pretty much turns a 5.25" bay into a sata backplane for a single drive while also providing an esata port.

wildwell

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
I like the USB 3.0 and eSATA. FW800 would be a nice interface to add; then you'd have high speed data transfer covered on pretty much anything made in the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS