WinXP will not print from WinXP apps

Windows Xp will not print from Word or other WinXp apps. It will print form
the internet.
I am using an HP printer which has worked fine and prints well when called
up form Internet Explorer for printing. When called up from Word, Outlook,
Outlook Express or and other Win app it does not print. It pushes the paper
thru and some times prints some hash but never the document. This is a
relatively new phenomenon.
Can any one suggest what I might look for to remedy this annoying problem?
James
3 answers Last reply
More about winxp print winxp apps

    The printer is a HP Deskjet 895cse Printer

    "Jamess B. Holladay" <j1t2holl@magpage.com> wrote in message
    > Windows Xp will not print from Word or other WinXp apps. It will print
    form
    > the internet.
    > I am using an HP printer which has worked fine and prints well when called
    > up form Internet Explorer for printing. When called up from Word, Outlook,
    > Outlook Express or and other Win app it does not print. It pushes the
    paper
    > thru and some times prints some hash but never the document. This is a
    > relatively new phenomenon.
    > Can any one suggest what I might look for to remedy this annoying problem?
    > James

    Have you tried a complete uninstall and reinstall of the printer?
    www.coribright.com

    > The printer is a HP Deskjet 895cse Printer
    >

    > "Jamess B. Holladay" <j1t2holl@magpage.com> wrote in message
    >> Windows Xp will not print from Word or other WinXp apps. It will print
    > form
    >> the internet.
    >> I am using an HP printer which has worked fine and prints well when
    >> called
    >> up form Internet Explorer for printing. When called up from Word,
    >> Outlook,
    >> Outlook Express or and other Win app it does not print. It pushes the
    > paper
    >> thru and some times prints some hash but never the document. This is a
    >> relatively new phenomenon.
    >> Can any one suggest what I might look for to remedy this annoying
    >> problem?
    >> James

    I have tried a complete uninstall of the office suite Office 2003 and
    reinstallation but this did not correct the problem either.
    The drivers for this printer DeskJet 895c are imbedded in win xp so you
    can't really uninstall them. HP has not offered newer drivers than are in
    XP.
    The problem only occurs when you try to print form one of the programs in
    office 2003. Any other program prints without a problem e.g. Outlook prings
    find, Outlook express will not etc.

    > Have you tried a complete uninstall and reinstall of the printer?
    > http://www.coribright.com/Windows/Article%20One.htm
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "Jamess B. Holladay" <j1t2holl@magpage.com> wrote in message
    > > The printer is a HP Deskjet 895cse Printer
    > >

    > > "Jamess B. Holladay" <j1t2holl@magpage.com> wrote in message
    > >> Windows Xp will not print from Word or other WinXp apps. It will print
    > > form
    > >> the internet.
    > >> I am using an HP printer which has worked fine and prints well when
    > >> called
    > >> up form Internet Explorer for printing. When called up from Word,
    > >> Outlook,
    > >> Outlook Express or and other Win app it does not print. It pushes the
    > > paper
    > >> thru and some times prints some hash but never the document. This is a
    > >> relatively new phenomenon.
    > >> Can any one suggest what I might look for to remedy this annoying
    > >> problem?
    > >> James

Apps Windows XP