WinXP will not print from WinXP apps

October 22, 2004 11:22:28 PM

Windows Xp will not print from Word or other WinXp apps. It will print form
the internet.
I am using an HP printer which has worked fine and prints well when called
up form Internet Explorer for printing. When called up from Word, Outlook,
Outlook Express or and other Win app it does not print. It pushes the paper
thru and some times prints some hash but never the document. This is a
relatively new phenomenon.
Can any one suggest what I might look for to remedy this annoying problem?
James

More about : winxp print winxp apps

Anonymous
October 25, 2004 1:53:11 AM

The printer is a HP Deskjet 895cse Printer

"Jamess B. Holladay" <j1t2holl@magpage.com> wrote in message
> Windows Xp will not print from Word or other WinXp apps. It will print
form
> the internet.
> I am using an HP printer which has worked fine and prints well when called
> up form Internet Explorer for printing. When called up from Word, Outlook,
> Outlook Express or and other Win app it does not print. It pushes the
paper
> thru and some times prints some hash but never the document. This is a
> relatively new phenomenon.
> Can any one suggest what I might look for to remedy this annoying problem?
> James

Anonymous
October 25, 2004 2:33:08 PM

Have you tried a complete uninstall and reinstall of the printer?
www.coribright.com

"Jamess B. Holladay" <j1t2holl@magpage.com> wrote in message
news:o De2lVjuEHA.1712@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> The printer is a HP Deskjet 895cse Printer
>

> "Jamess B. Holladay" <j1t2holl@magpage.com> wrote in message
>> Windows Xp will not print from Word or other WinXp apps. It will print
> form
>> the internet.
>> I am using an HP printer which has worked fine and prints well when
>> called
>> up form Internet Explorer for printing. When called up from Word,
>> Outlook,
>> Outlook Express or and other Win app it does not print. It pushes the
> paper
>> thru and some times prints some hash but never the document. This is a
>> relatively new phenomenon.
>> Can any one suggest what I might look for to remedy this annoying
>> problem?
>> James

Anonymous
October 27, 2004 1:53:45 PM

I have tried a complete uninstall of the office suite Office 2003 and
reinstallation but this did not correct the problem either.
The drivers for this printer DeskJet 895c are imbedded in win xp so you
can't really uninstall them. HP has not offered newer drivers than are in
XP.
The problem only occurs when you try to print form one of the programs in
office 2003. Any other program prints without a problem e.g. Outlook prings
find, Outlook express will not etc.

!