LG VX4500 & Samsung A670: How to enter Debug Screen?

Hi group,

Does anybody know how to enter the debug screen of LG VX4500 or Samsung
A670? Thanks.

Libra

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 07:44:29 GMT, "Libra" <hip@san.rr.com> wrote:

> Hi group,
>
> Does anybody know how to enter the debug screen of LG VX4500 or Samsung
>A670? Thanks.
>
> Libra

On LG phones, it's "menu", then "0". When prompted with "??????",
just enter all zeros. Same idea with Samsung, but I forgot the
service code.

- Sandy

what can you do when you enter the debug screen or the O menu?

hb
"Sandy A. Nicolaysen" <sandynic@verizon.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 07:44:29 GMT, "Libra" <hip@san.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi group,
> >
> > Does anybody know how to enter the debug screen of LG VX4500 or
Samsung
> >A670? Thanks.
> >
> > Libra
> >
> On LG phones, it's "menu", then "0". When prompted with "??????",
> just enter all zeros. Same idea with Samsung, but I forgot the
> service code.
>
> - Sandy

Orange

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 05:46:02 -0500, "hfb" <h@falseemail.com> wrote:

>what can you do when you enter the debug screen or the O menu?
>
>hb

One thing you can do for sure if you are going to play around there without
knowing what you are doing is disable your phone.

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:25:47 -0500, orange <replyingroup@invalid.com>
wrote:

>On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 05:46:02 -0500, "hfb" <h@falseemail.com> wrote:
>
>>what can you do when you enter the debug screen or the O menu?
>>
>>hb
>

>One thing you can do for sure if you are going to play around there without
>knowing what you are doing is disable your phone.

You got that right! I was fooling around with the NAM settings on my
VX3200 and must have done something stupid (again) which killed my
connection ability with Verizon. Resetting everything and starting
from scratch cured it, but I lost all of my contacts, settings, etc.

Still, you have to access that area if you want to enable free WAP
servers, turn on GPS, look at the signal status screen, etc. :-/

- Sandy

How do you enable free WAP servers and what are they and GPS ..

thank you
> On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:25:47 -0500, orange <replyingroup@invalid.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 05:46:02 -0500, "hfb" <h@falseemail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>what can you do when you enter the debug screen or the O menu?
> >>
> >>hb
> >

> >One thing you can do for sure if you are going to play around there
without
> >knowing what you are doing is disable your phone.
> >

> You got that right! I was fooling around with the NAM settings on my
> VX3200 and must have done something stupid (again) which killed my
> connection ability with Verizon. Resetting everything and starting
> from scratch cured it, but I lost all of my contacts, settings, etc.
>
> Still, you have to access that area if you want to enable free WAP
> servers, turn on GPS, look at the signal status screen, etc. :-/
>
> - Sandy

Orange

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 17:41:12 -0500, "hfb" <h@falseemail.com> wrote:

>How do you enable free WAP servers and what are they and GPS ..
>
>thank you

I have tried almost all free wap settings with vzw and eventually they fade
away or offer shitty content.

If you are a VZW user I suggest you check out mobileweb4u
http://mobileweb4u.com/cell.html which is $25 for the year for wap 2.0. It
is fast and reliable with lots of content.

As with GPS I am not 100% sure but free wap settings are not available
because internet connectivity is there by default and you are charged by
the kilobyte as you use it.

HTH