Fax Console Doesn't Save Changes

monk

Distinguished
May 25, 2004

If I make any changes to a received fax (e.g. rotate, OCR) and save
it, when I reopen the fax from Fax Console, the changes are gone and
the file name (the long temp preview name) is different.

I am using Microsoft Office Document Imaging (installed with MS
Office) to view faxes and TIFs. If I select the file from Windows
Explorer, double-click to open it, edit as above, save and re-open,
then the changes get saved.

It seems to be a problem between Microsoft Fax and Microsoft Office
Document Imaging.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Known issue.
No solutions I've seen.