Epson Photo R200 (ink status) with XP SP2

I am having a bitch of a problem getting "ink status" software to run on Win
XP SP2 for Epson stylus photo r200. message complains that the prog is not
suitable for windows or something..... please help me. Also, is this the ONLY
way i can check ink levels.... Is there freewre out there that will do the
job just as well... Thank you in advance. Any help is greatly appreciated
1 answer Last reply
More about epson photo r200 status

    simon wrote:

    > I am having a bitch of a problem getting "ink status" software to run on Win
    > XP SP2 for Epson stylus photo r200. message complains that the prog is not
    > suitable for windows or something..... please help me. Also, is this the ONLY
    > way i can check ink levels.... Is there freewre out there that will do the
    > job just as well... Thank you in advance. Any help is greatly appreciated

    According to Epson, the Status Monitor for this printer is incorporated
    into the driver files, available here: http://tinyurl.com/3snj9.

    Did you install the printer and driver correctly? Try this: uninstall
    the printer and driver, disconnect the printer, install the software,
    reboot and then connect the printer.

    It is indeed the only way to check ink levels; there are no other
    software alternatives.

Photo Epson Windows XP