Far Cry 2 Tree problem

thefarkus

Honorable
May 19, 2012
Hey, I know i'm kinda late on the Far Cry thing but whenever i use and anti-aliasing all the vegation turns into square pictures. Whenever the game is using directx10 however it doesn't happen. Only when i use directx 9 does this occur. Help!

Intel i5-2450m
2.5 ghz/3.1 with turboboost
AMD Radeon 7670m
1 GB VRAM
4GB Of Memory

That's the drivers doing that. I know this because when the game first came out I did a lot of image tweaking as part of a group investigating image quality on ATI cards with different drivers and third party apps, such as ATI Tray tools which gives you access to higher functions than the CCC does.

I'm sorry to say that I don't remember exactly what it was I was playing with driver wise when I managed to turn my trees square the same as you seem to be experiencing.

Have you tried using a different form of AA ? There are a few different options in the CCC to chose from.
Then obviously there are the drivers themselves. have you updated recently ? Maybe just before you played the game and found the issue ?

Mactronix :)

Sorry been working,

Yes catalyst control and there are plenty of different AA effects, why do you think there is only one standard version ?
Any you can always change your drivers, the latest set are not always the best.

I did ask have you updated not can you.

Mactronix :)