fax message using my PC (Win XP, DSL)

Good evening newsgroup,
my PC has a DSL-connection and has Win XP as operating system. I would like
to send a fax message using my PC. I would appreciate if you could recommend
a suitable program to do this. When possible I would like to send the fax
message directly from Word or any other application.
Many thanks in advance,
Marcel
2 answers Last reply
More about message

    Many users don't realize that faxing is a function that can only use analog
    phone lines and analog fax modems. Accordingly, no fax software will
    function with cable modems or DSL lines. With some DSL connections you can
    obtain a DSL line filter suitable for connecting a standard analog voice
    line to the DSL line and can then connect an analog fax modem to that line.

    If you have no analog modem or phone line, you will need to use a fee based
    Internet Fax Service. Several are listed here: http://www.savetz.com/fax/

    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Marcel Verduyn" <fightagainstinjustice1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Good evening newsgroup,
    > my PC has a DSL-connection and has Win XP as operating system. I would
    > like
    > to send a fax message using my PC. I would appreciate if you could
    > recommend
    > a suitable program to do this. When possible I would like to send the fax
    > message directly from Word or any other application.
    > Many thanks in advance,
    > Marcel

    Many users don't realize that faxing is a function that can only use analog
    phone lines and analog fax modems. Accordingly, no fax software will
    function with cable modems or DSL lines. With some DSL connections you can
    obtain a DSL line filter suitable for connecting a standard analog voice
    line to the DSL line and can then connect an analog fax modem to that line.

    If you have no analog modem or phone line, you will need to use a fee based
    Internet Fax Service. Several are listed here: http://www.savetz.com/fax/

    --
    R. Sridharan [MSFT]

    purposes only.'

    "Marcel Verduyn" <fightagainstinjustice1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Good evening newsgroup,
    > my PC has a DSL-connection and has Win XP as operating system. I would
    like
    > to send a fax message using my PC. I would appreciate if you could
    recommend
    > a suitable program to do this. When possible I would like to send the fax
    > message directly from Word or any other application.
    > Many thanks in advance,
    > Marcel

Fax DSL Windows XP