Scanjet/Winfax/XP

I have recently upgraded to XP Home. I have successfully installed WInfax
10.02 and my Scanjet 5470c scanner. I can scan a page using HP's Professional
3.xx software and I can send the scanned page to Winfax. BUT, the scanned
document doesn't come up in the Winfax preview window. Only the cover letter
shows. Can you help me decide whether this is an XP problem( I have installed
SR 1 and 1a), is this a Winfax problem, or is this a scanjet problem? Of
course, it seems that everything that ran wonderfully in WIn 2000 had to be
tweaked to death (almost) to run in XP. That's why I'm asking for help in
this forum.
rgrcpa

It's likely a WinFax problem; Winfax 10.02 doesn't get along with XP all
that well. I don't know how much help will be available for it here, most
of us have our hands full dealing with XP's native fax service ant it's many
quirks. Have you checked out the WinFax KB and FAQs over at Symantec's
site?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

"rgrcpa" <rgrcpa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have recently upgraded to XP Home. I have successfully installed WInfax
> 10.02 and my Scanjet 5470c scanner. I can scan a page using HP's
Professional
> 3.xx software and I can send the scanned page to Winfax. BUT, the scanned
> document doesn't come up in the Winfax preview window. Only the cover
letter
> shows. Can you help me decide whether this is an XP problem( I have
installed
> SR 1 and 1a), is this a Winfax problem, or is this a scanjet problem? Of
> course, it seems that everything that ran wonderfully in WIn 2000 had to
be
> tweaked to death (almost) to run in XP. That's why I'm asking for help in
> this forum.
> rgrcpa

Programs that are known to experience a loss of functionality when they run
on a Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884130

"rgrcpa" <rgrcpa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have recently upgraded to XP Home. I have successfully installed WInfax
> 10.02 and my Scanjet 5470c scanner. I can scan a page using HP's
Professional
> 3.xx software and I can send the scanned page to Winfax. BUT, the scanned
> document doesn't come up in the Winfax preview window. Only the cover
letter
> shows. Can you help me decide whether this is an XP problem( I have
installed
> SR 1 and 1a), is this a Winfax problem, or is this a scanjet problem? Of
> course, it seems that everything that ran wonderfully in WIn 2000 had to
be
> tweaked to death (almost) to run in XP. That's why I'm asking for help in
> this forum.
> rgrcpa

Drop back to WinFax 9.0 I use it regularly without problems

"Hal Hostetler [MVP DTS]" <hhh@kvoa.com> wrote in message
> It's likely a WinFax problem; Winfax 10.02 doesn't get along with XP all
> that well. I don't know how much help will be available for it here,
most
> of us have our hands full dealing with XP's native fax service ant it's
many
> quirks. Have you checked out the WinFax KB and FAQs over at Symantec's
> site?
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX
> Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "rgrcpa" <rgrcpa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have recently upgraded to XP Home. I have successfully installed
WInfax
> > 10.02 and my Scanjet 5470c scanner. I can scan a page using HP's
> Professional
> > 3.xx software and I can send the scanned page to Winfax. BUT, the
scanned
> > document doesn't come up in the Winfax preview window. Only the cover
> letter
> > shows. Can you help me decide whether this is an XP problem( I have
> installed
> > SR 1 and 1a), is this a Winfax problem, or is this a scanjet problem? Of
> > course, it seems that everything that ran wonderfully in WIn 2000 had to
> be
> > tweaked to death (almost) to run in XP. That's why I'm asking for help
in
> > this forum.
> > rgrcpa

Did you try seeking help from Winfax or scanjet?

--
R. Sridharan [MSFT]

purposes only.'