I need an upgrade HELP

jampier101

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
ok so im a 13 year old i make like 50$ a month i dont have alot of money but i want to upgrade my gaming pc
i made this pc like in 2007 and it can handle crysis 1 idk about 2 but heres the spec most of them idk my hole pc

i have
xfx Nfoce 680i LT sli motherboard
2 1gb nvidia ram
a 500 gb hard drvie
700w power supply
nvida Gforce 7300 gt graphics card
idk my cpu

i want to beable to play arma 2 but for cheap

heres is arma 2 stats

Minimal PC Requirements
CPU: Dual Core Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz / Intel Core 2.0 GHz / AMD Athlon 3200+ or faster
RAM: 1 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 / ATI Radeon 1800 with Shader Model 3 and 256 MB VRAM or faster

Optimal PC Requirements
CPU: Intel Core 2.8 GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or faster
RAM: 2 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT / ATI Radeon 4850 with Shader Model 3 and 512 MB VRAM or faster

Sonophos

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
Here's an odd idea have you tried looking on your equivalent of freecycle or the facebook trading pages.

Often you get people with more money than sense giving away stuff they see no value in and they would be the types that have clogged up thier syatem with crap and fallen for the "Computers just get slower as they get older, you need a new PC" line from the salesman.

-We really need to know your CPU. Download CPU-Z, it will tell you all you need to know. http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

-What OS are you running?

-What type/speed ram do you have? You can get some specs from CPU-Z for memory, but a RAM model is also good if you crack your case open. You need to add another 2 GB most likely and optimally. Should be cheap

-Your big issues is the video card. You may be able to check out a trading site or buy one used cheap from someone. A lot of builders and hobbyists have stuff just sitting around they may be willing to get rid of cheap. A 4870 is probably pretty cheap and would run pretty well. If I had one I'd probably put a $40 price tag on it. I had 2 sitting around at one point 2 years ago, but sold them off.